Rest assured, there is a blog coming your way. Breathe easy, your daily dose of Dez is here. Its been quite a while since my last blog so Ill do as I do best, and catch you all up.
Thursday night Derek and I celebrated our first year together- we went to dinner at North in the Domain and then to a wine bar for a special drink for our special occasion. After dinner, I went home and packed for our long weekend at the beach- I hate packing, but I love the water and sunshine so it was a trade off. A small price to pay!
Friday I tried my best to sit still at work, take calls, and count down the hours until we could leave for Galveston. We were so slow at work that I was sent home after lunch- to me- thats a great way to start a long weekend, make it even longer! I laid by the pool for a few hours and actually got in an hour and a half of talking with my Mom which is always a treat. We got to catch up, I learned about her new itinerary aboard her new ship, and she got to hear all my stories from the last month or so.
When 5 o'clock rolled around, I drove to Derek's and we loaded up the car to drive to Galveston. I got a little antsy on the drive and around 9 PM, I took a little nap (which Derek ALWAYS appreciates).... finally we arrived at Aunt Barb's house and unloaded all of our stuff along with Molly and started to celebrate our weekend in style. We had some drinks, caught up with Erin and Aaron who'd recently returned from their honeymoon, and mostly tried to keep the number of times we commented on the humidity to a minimum.Saturday started pretty early. Everyone got up, ate some breakfast, helped with last minute preparations, and then it was PARTY TIME. Around noon the kegs showed up... then the DJ... then the Beer Pong table and Baggo sets.... the dogs were penned in their "run" and the food was out and ready to eat. I think 2/3 AM found us all ready for bed and Derek VERY sunburned.
Sunday we got up- a little less ambitious this time, did some lounging around and then slathered on our sunblock, packed up and headed out on the boat. Barb drove us out to the sand bar so we could park the boat and get into the water where we could stand and hang out with the other boaters. We bummed snacks from others, having forgot to pack our own- and when we felt nice and crispy we headed back for dry land. When we got home, we all got cleaned up and devoured the pizzas that had been ordered. Derek and I decided we'd had enough sun, needed new livers, and Molly desperately needed a bath. We packed up the car again and headed home.
While it was no fun to say bye to Erin a day early, it was nice to get back, sleep in my own bed and have yet another full day to do whatever I pleased. I did some laundry, unpacked, laid at the pool for a few hours and went to Cru to apply for a part time job. For those of you that dont already know http://www.cruawinebar.com/ is located in the Domain (where Derek and I had been on Thursday) and when I'd spoken to the manager, he had mentioned they were hiring part time help. I can more than use the money on top of my very measly salary I make working for ACS, its not another desk job, I get to learn about wine, AND meet new people! I met with the manger, Jason, and filled out an application. We talked and he made promises to call. Lets hope he is a man of his word. I will know more this evening or tomorrow. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes please. After all of that, we went to Ryan and Rhonda's to hang out, see Macey (albeit briefly), eat some fabulous brisket that Ryan had made and celebrate Memorial Day together.
To make a long story short, I am exhausted, feel like I may be coming down with whatever crud Derek had last week, and my body is in need of a very good sweat and workout.
How did you celebrate YOUR long weekend?
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
A Very Long Weekend
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 1:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Sounds like yall had fun. I know a girl who works at cru. I was going to get a job there but didn't work with my schedule. She loves it but stay away from the manager Jason, I've heard stories about him. Good luck. Hopefully we can get together soon.
Heather
Post a Comment