Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

My Mom lives on a ship. You read that correctly. She floats on the high seas for 6-9 months out of every year. So on this particular Mother's Day, I wanted her to know I was thinking of her. So here's to you Mom, youre missed each and every day, especially this one.

I just wanted to let you know
You mean the world to me
Only a heart as dear as yours
Would give so unselfishly

The many things youve done
All the times that you were there
Help me know deep inside
How much you really care

Even though I might not say
I appreciate all you do
Richly blessed is how I feel
Having a Mother just like you

A- able
L- loving
I- intelligent
S- strong
O- optimistic
N- natural

K- kind
N- nurturing
I- intuitive
K- Knowledgeable
E- energetic
R- reflective

I wanted to also give a special mention to Derek's Mother, Janet Bohls, who so often acts as a mother to me as well. I truly feel blessed to have such a special lady looking out for me as much as she does.


Even though youre not my mom
I know that you'll be there
With the little things you do
you let me know you care

Youre always there to help
whatever the need may be
Youve given of yourself
and so unselfishly
Im drawn to you more every day
For the kindness you have shown
I just want to thank you
and let you know I care
A second mom as great as you
is something very rare.

0 comments: