Friday, May 9, 2008

Bye Bye Mr. American Pie

My darling boyfriend, Derek, leaves for New Zealand today.

Mr. "I'm nervous on planes" is embarking on the biggest and most exciting trip he has been on to date. How do I feel about this? I think the all encompassing word would have to be jealous.

Let me break it down for you:

jeal·ous –adjective
1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.
2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

So now that I have confessed my deep rooted jealousy of this trip, I will give you a run-down of the basic 10 day itinerary the boys have made for themselves. I think they will be spending most (if not all) of their time in the northern island and aim to see: Waitomo, Coromandel, Taupo, Mt Manganui, Paihia, The Bay of islands, Rotorua, and Wellington. They will be staying with a friend that lives there, in hostels, and other various "man-like" lodging options (I wouldn't be surprised if a tent or a night in the car made it on their list.)

The 18 hour time difference should make communication a challenge but I have faith that Derek will check in as often as possible (mostly to let me know he is still alive) and share some of the cool things he has seen. Should anything be so cool that I feel you all will need to know, rest assured I will share. I have sent him armed with precautions, lots of kisses and hugs, tears (pathetic, I know) and lastly my camera and a brief run down of how to use its basic features.

Here's hoping Riley, Mike, Derek and my camera make it home in one piece.

America wishes you guys safe and happy travels and we cant wait until you return (we being America and mostly me). XOXO.

2 comments:

Katie Rae Snow said...

Take my place and I'll take yours... with our respective boyfriends. (ie. I'd rather Josh be gone for 10 days and have passed that test)...
PS. Love the flag pic. Typical!

Anonymous said...

At least New Zealand is all trees, hills, and sheep. Much better than going to Rio or somewhere with nude beaches. Right?
Let's play while he is away!