On June 27th, I am moving. Many pros and cons come to mind when I think of moving- but alas, I have not done so in three years and therefore, it is time.
In June of 2005, right after I graduated from college (three years ago today to be exact) I moved into a complex in the arboretum area. It was close to work, it was in a great location for pretty much anything I might ever need, and the price was right (insert Bob Barker jokes here).
To your left you will see my current floor plan. Now throw in a cat, a small and mostly hyper-active dog, myself, lots of "girly decorations" and the boyfriend who is over quite a lot and all of a sudden it seems much smaller. I ask you, would anyone in their right mind pay over $800 a month to live in this shoebox? Not me. I understand that Austin is an expensive place to live, and that due to the location of current said apartment, one might expect to spend a higher dollar amount on rent but that's just plum ridiculous.I started to look for a new place a few months out as I knew rent prices tend to skyrocket in the summer months. I signed a lease before they went up and locked in a great deal. My place will be bigger, newer, the kitchen has a huge island and dark (fake) granite counter tops--which will be so much easier to keep clean than my current white ones.
Much to my dismay, I was unable to find my new floor plan, the almighty Internet has failed me. I can tell you however, that I will be gaining 138 square feet, a dog park, an AWESOME two decker pool, sand volleyball court, and Ill be saving money every month. The location is at the corner of Parmer and Lamar--this is closer to work, closer to Derek, five minutes from a grocery store, my gym and a steal of a deal. To the right you will see the spectacular pool that I can promise will he my home away from home for all the summer months. You are all cordially invited.
Alright, so who wants to help me pack? ;)

2 comments:
holy crap! thats awesome!!!! having a pool close by is so nice!
Hey girl. Loving your blog!
I am totally taking you up on your offer to visit you at your pool! Good times to be had!
Post a Comment