First things first, Someone please tell me how it is already Monday again. They come around so fast! Im not sure if it helps that everything in Austin is soaking wet and gloomy today... May showers bring June flowers? Maybe?
For the first time in a long time, I had only one thing set in stone for the weekend. Friday night was open, as well as Saturday night and even Sunday. What a nice way to spend your days off- doing WHATEVER it is your little heart desires. And did I mention there were no weddings? ;)
Friday night Derek and I met Rhonda, Ryan and Macey for dinner. Macey is Derek's 7 month old niece and she is constantly changing. She sat in her highchair at the restaurant and ate, played, and of course made us all laugh the entire time with her new expressions. After dinner, Derek and I met some friends at Alamo Drafthouse for a movie: http://www.forgettingsarahmarshall.com/ As it turned out there weren't two seats together in the theatre so Derek and I went into another movie, http://www.babymamamovie.net/
Perhaps this is why there is sometimes a shortage of seats in movies (oops)? On our way home from the movie, we got a text from some mutual friends who were having game night at their apartment. Kit and Riley, as some of you may know, live in a true bachelor pad apartment notorious for the fun and ridiculousness it encourages. We decided to grab our things- which of course included Molly (Kit's favorite)- and headed over for some fun. Kit is known for his creativity when it comes to inventing games. Padrinko, Northgate and some others whose names are too racy for this G rated blog. Needless to say, there is never a dull moment over there.
Saturday morning, we left for Bryan, TX as my great aunt was being honored in a memorial service. My Great Uncle Charles spent a good number of years as a pastor at Faith Church in Bryan. When his wife of 45 years passed away, it was only fitting that we all gather at one of the churches that loved and cherished Charles and Eleanor the most. The service was very touching and though it was under not the happiest of occasions, it was nice to see my family that is normally much further away (ranging from San Antonio to MA to IA).
When we pulled back into town, it was just in time to watch the Kentucky Derby...sans mint juleps. I was excited to see the hats, the expensive couture and the heels that never make sense to me considering the location of such an event. Just as the race was ending, poor Eight Belles was injured and quickly euthanized. Ill admit it, I cried. It was so sad to think that this horse had been bred for what I assume to be the majority of her life, for the very race that would eventually lead to her untimely death. That is really really sad if you ask me.
Saturday night we met some friends at NXNW for dinner and drinks. There is something to be said about a group of friends that you always end up having the time of your life with. Joanna + Justin + Cheryl + Taylor + Dez + Derek = Madness. Expensive madness at that. We had some good drinks, snacks, and laughs, closed the place down and all headed home.
I hope your Monday is less wet and gross than mine is and I wish you all a happy Cinco de Mayo- may the Mexican food be bountiful.
3 comments:
I am so with you on the case of the Mondays... I want Friday back.
I'm with you on the margaritas. We actually got to bring a margarita machine in after work at the law firm I used to work for once... it was pretty nice!
Margaritas aren't acceptable in the work place?
Post a Comment