Thursday, May 22, 2008

365 Days

One year ago to this very day, Derek and I finally went on our first date and I could not have asked for a better way to spend my last 365 days.

Derek and I met through mutual friends. Ill try to break down the connection, but I warn you- its complicated. My friend Michelle, met a guy at A&M named Troy- Troy was best friends with a guy named Justin. We all spent a weekend together on 6th St and Troy introduced me to Justin. Through Justin, I met Brittany Buckmaster. Brittany eventually introduced me to her friend from high school, Kit. Kit lived with a guy named Riley and Riley is cousins with Derek. Im telling you, Im amazed we ever met, but I guess somtimes were all just a part of a bigger plan.

Upon first meeting, everything and everyone was very casual but after some time passed, it was obvious to us both there was something more between us. We were afraid to make the cross over from friends to possibly more and every time we had a date scheduled, our friends would plan a happy hour or another kind of outing we simply couldnt stand to miss. After a while, on May 22nd of 2007 we made and agreed to stick to a plan to have an actual date. Dinner at Eddie Vs was fabulous and proved to be far less awkward than most first dates. Seeing as how we'd been trying to get together (alone) for quite some time, we were both relieved that it went smoothly, there was a good flow of things to talk about, and we both wanted to see each other again outside of our group setting.

A year has passed since that first dinner. We have done a huge amount of traveling together, gone to both Aggie and UT football games, weve been to countless weddings, spent holidays and special occasions with each others families. We share a love for being social, hanging out with our friends, and of course spending time together and with "our" dog, Molly.

Here's to us, Derek, and to many many more years together (I think it goes without saying, may the Red Sox always beat the Yankees).

4 comments:

Katie Rae Snow said...

Tear*

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I remember when we had a council meeting about your first date with him. You were so cute, crushin hard but trying not to show it. I'm really happy for you Dez :)

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! The council continues to approve, 365 days later :)

Velma said...

ya'll are cute -- I also wish you many more days, months and years together =)