Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Part of the Cru?

I just got a call from the other manager at Cru and I will be going on a second and final interview today after work... please everyone think happy thoughts and cross everything you have that it goes as well as the first one did!

Cheers!

UPDATE:

Well it went well, there is one small hiccup.... There is a mandatory meeting every Wednesday at Cru at 230 (smack dab in the middle of the day) So... I need to change my schedule here at ACS.

I have 2 options:

Instead of working M-F like I do now, I would have every Wednesday off and work Sundays instead (I think right now, there is an open shift from 1pm-9pm on Sundays so Id still have a Saturday night....)

OR...
I can work from 7-3/330 M, Tu, Th, Fr and 6-2 on Wednesdays (I know...groan... its early!)
That way, I can make the mandatory meeting and still have Saturdays and Sundays somewhat free...

The manager I spoke to at Cru wanted to go back and talk to the other manager and ask how he thought the other staff would feel if I never worked a Sunday... wanted to make sure it was okay with him, and said he figured it would be, but he will call me either today or Im supposed to call him Friday anytime after 10... At this point, I have put in two schedule change options to ACS and Im waiting on a call from the manager at Cru so Ive done all I can do and its just a waiting game...

So, I still dont really know, but it seems promising. Who would have thought getting a second job would be a job in and of itself?!

Also, in these meetings they taste wine and have local winery reps come in... teach us stuff about wine and grapes and food pairings. Sounds SO cool!

1 comments:

Velma said...

I hope it works out for you!! How crazy it is to get things to work out!!! Now I can come to you and say "so what wine should I get" You'll be the new expert =)