Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Im happy to report Ive lost 7 pounds. My hard work and daily buckets of sweat filled yoga are paying off. With less than 90 days to go until Justin and Jos wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Im considering this go time. I have been watching what I eat but certainly not dieting- I still want to eat yummy stuff, just in moderation. I may try a cleanse as a last ditch effort within a week or two before we leave but will continue what Ive been doing until the last possible second aka until I go under the knife for knee surgery.

Now for the DUH moment of the century, I have cut out beer as much as possible. Im sure youre thinking that’s such a no brainer but you have to remember- my job is to sell beer. No, its not required that I drink but it is required that I taste new beers, competitive beers and when on a crew drive (reps from the brewery come to Austin and we team sell) its pretty much a given that well drink together each evening, sharing notes on sales calls and make fun of people who don’t buy our beer as they prefer loyalty to Natural Light.

I wanted to say thanks again for all the support and happy thoughts. I know everything will work out fine with my surgery and itll be such a blessing to have a working knee. It’s the pain, the rehab and the no working out that gets me down when I start to think about it. Ive worked really hard for the last 3 or 4 weeks and Im bummed that right before we leave I may gain it all back simply because I cant get up and move around.

Work has been pretty busy lately which is nice after such slow holiday months. I have lots of projects up my sleeve and have had a hard time squeezing it all in. Better to be busy and have a job then be bored or not have a job at all, right? Right!

Anyway, I know this post was one of the worlds most boring- I suppose Im just not feeling all inspired as of late. Hopefully something amazing and fantastic will happen so I can tell you all about it. Am I the only one that when something funny happens, I automatically start writing a blog entry about it in my head?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! Congrats on the weight loss, girly!! Keep it going!! You can do it!!

Erin said...

Yay! Congrats on the 7 lbs!! I too, am on the weight loss train and it feels pretty damn good =)

I'm sure you'll bounce right back after your surgery, so there won't even be enough time to gain back your weight.. still thinking about you and praying for the knee situation. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

PS- Not drinking is overrated..just sayin'..

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one. I have notes everywhere for future blog entries.

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

You aren't alone at all. Girl I've got this whole "Tickled Tuesday" thing I'm supposed to do and I haven't been inspired in a while - maybe it's the weather?

Congrats on the 7 lbs! I had lost 5 but the scale on monday told me I gained it back... I'm a bit depressed over that... time to get my butt moving and stop complaining!

I would be 800 lbs if I worked for a beer company. Picture Peter Griffin w/ girl boobs! ;)

A Real Housewife said...

7 lbs?!! holy crap--GO DEZ!!!!!!! and i make notes to myself on my phone when i think of a blog i want to write about but don't have the time, or energy......dork, i know.

Juliana said...

Congrats on your weight loss...and hope that your surgery goes well. I am new to your blog and I really look forward to following and getting to know you better. Come by my blog and follow back if you would like.

Desiree Lynn said...

So I feel an instant connection with you since my name is Desiree and my uncle used to call me Desi-Lou. I personally hated the nickname but whatev.