Monday, January 25, 2010

Rude Awakening

You know how Monday mornings are pretty yucky as is? Well I can guarantee that today I experienced one of the rudest of all awakenings.


I awoke somewhere near 5 AM to a high pitched beeping sound. At first I thought maybe it was my phone, or even Dereks but then once the sleep wore off I was able to figure it out. THE DAMN SMOKE DETECTOR.

Sure, thanks for always being there to save my life. I appreciate knowing I can count on you to alert me of any danger while I sleep, but cant your batteries die at a more convenient time? Say after 8 or 9 AM?

Thanks,
Desiree

6 comments:

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

I probably would have peed the bed if I heard that! I woke up last night to our drunken neighbor arguing in a loud whisper with someone @ 2:00 AM I had just fallen into deep sleep - SO MAD!

Anonymous said...

I guess the sound is awful so people will change the batteries. Those things save lives, but have one of the worst noises in the history of the world.

A Real Housewife said...

that is the most annoying thing EVER!!!

C Murda said...

The worst way to wake up! F!

STACEY said...

Isn’t that the truth! Mine always go off in the middle of the night.

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Good for you on the weight loss!
I hate it when smoke detectors die in the middle of the night...why can't they ever die in the middle of the day?!