Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Wants (and Yoga)

I was hoping to write about hot yoga hours ago. Like right when I got home. Before I showered and all the positive energy and happy thoughts dripped off of my overweight naked body that looked back at me in the mirror (youre welcome for the mental image).

I arrived, paid my $10 for ten days of classes and walked back into the room. My friend Tiffany met me and laughed when we walked in to a completely pitch black room. We literally could not even see past our own noses- we had accidentally planned on attending the class taught in the dark, with NO TALKING. Sure there was the typical wind chimey, babbling brook music, but the only voice you could hear was a recorded one that named off poses and stances.

Im not going to lie- 90 minutes of yoga was tough. Add onto that the fact that the room is kept at 90 degrees. I was sweating before I even lifted a finger but still left feeling like Id successfully kicked my own butt without feeling the need to vomit, cry or pass out. Tomorrow I plan to try a 60 minute class where the room is set at 98 degrees. If I never blog again, youll know why.

Im in the whole new years kick of taking better care of myself. I dare not call them resolutions because were all aware those don’t typically last long.
Im talking about claiming my body back, making healthier choices about not only what I eat but what I drink, what I put in my body. I want to file my nails instead of chewing them off when theyre ragged and uneven. I want to go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier, make more of my day. I want to walk my dogs more, not for me, but for them. I want to cut back on the foul language. I want to devote more to my job. I want to continue my kick of dry cleaning nicer clothes. I want to love myself more. I want to read, and not just when I travel. I want to brush up on my Spanish. I want to be a better friend and a better phone- answerer. I want to learn more knock knock jokes. I want to be a better girlfriend. I want to not text or email and drive. I want to drink more water. I want to floss more. I want to laugh louder, harder and more often. I want to make the most of my blog.

I want to make the most of 2010.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

More knock knock jokes? Ha! I love it.

A Real Housewife said...

i'm not holding my breat on the phone answering one. ;)

Annie said...

you have a lot of great "wants", i hope you can accomplish them all! :)
best wishes for 2010 pretty girl!!

Llama said...

I love hot yoga! I promise you it will get easier...the first few classes are the worst...yet in a good way...get all of the toxins out! I love your list for the new year! Good luck with everything i know youll be great!
ps thanks for the advice...things have been rough...you made me smile :)

JennyMac said...

Great list of wants! Hope you get them all by then end of the year.

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

I hope that you get what you want this year! I am trying very hard to take better care of myself as well. Remember, it takes approximately 3 weeks to form a habit and 6 months to make it a true part of your lifestyle!