Thursday, December 3, 2009

Online Shopping Can Ruin Lives

Im a little peeved and Im going to tell you why.

I ordered a winter coat online about a month ago, I patiently waited for it to arrive and when it finally did, it was too big (story of my life). It was only after trying it on that I went back online and read reviews of the coat. Much to my dismay almost everyone that had taken the time to type out a review said it ran way too big. Well that’s for the information- a day late and a dollar short.




(I cant get the damn picture any bigger- stupid problem causing jacket!)

I decided to return the coat, but no my friends, Dez couldn’t do so in the store. Girlfriends coat was only available online. I could return it to the store for a refund and reorder the coat online- and wait- AGAIN. I decided to return it through the mail so I didn’t have to pay shipping a second time, BIG MISTAKE. Turns out that by the time I returned the coat they were all sold out. Rather than let me know I would only get a refund and no smaller size, they refunded my money and didn’t send me an email, a phone call or even a carrier pigeon. Sure, I was happy to have the money back after still not having my new winter coat but I was annoyed at the whole process.

I finally caved and called customer service this morning. Not only was the jacket so popular that there are ZERO left in the US, but I had to settle for another coat completely. I kept my cool and stayed polite, even made good friends with the gal on the other end of the line (we talked for over an hour). She said even shed wanted to buy the same coat I was robbed of but shes expecting so it didn’t seem to smart to buy a new jacket that may not fit in a few weeks.

Anyway… long story short, she gave me a 20% discount, waived my shipping fee and guess what? Dez has TWO jackets on the way… for only $20 more than what I paid the first time. I wanted to teach them a lesson and not order anything else for a long long time but theyre my favorite and she offered me a pretty good deal and made it all worth my time. I even asked to speak to her supervisor and made sure they knew what a wonderful job she had done with me and my coat drama. Homegirls got a green and black coat coming her way...





Moral of the story? Maybe don’t shop online so much- sometimes its worth a trip to the store.

7 comments:

TLF said...

Cute.. Love the green one.. Hate online shopping! ;)

Anonymous said...

As someone who works in customer service and generally is on the receiving end of horrible service, I'm so happy top hear you had a positive experience. I bet you made her day by talking her up to her supervisor.

And cute jackets!

amy said...

Ooh those are sooo cute! I want one!

Anonymous said...

I love online shopping! I have a similar one in a camel color. I need to take it to the cleaners though. I got something on it.

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Glad it worked out in the end, but I hardly ever shop online just for those reasons.
Yay for finding another Austin blogger--I'll add you to my links.
Take care!

A Real Housewife said...

i HEART online shopping. refunds/exchanges are a bit of a pain, but well worth the hassle you'd encounter at the store. where did you buy these online?? very cute!!!

Annie said...

the coats are all very cute!!

i totally know what you mean about online shopping and not having it work out perfect! UGH!!!! i have something i have to return/exchange at victoria's secret and i know its going to be a pain in the booty. i don't even know what i ordered from them. last time i did and i exchanged something they double charged me saying they never received the item i sent back. SO FRUSTRATING!!

anywho ;) i hope you have a great weekend!!