Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I am so excited for the holidays- literally bursting at the seams-and suffice it to say my countdown usually starts in July or August. Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I allowed myself to bust out the Christmas decorations. Derek promised me this year we could get a real tree and I cant believe I actually told him a fake one might be easier. We do a lot of traveling and also have two rowdy dogs so until theyre a bit older and can learn to keep their distance and we can learn to stay home more, a real tree sounds like nothing but a giant mess. I always swore once in my own home I would only buy and display a real tree and now that its an option, Im starting to see the advantages of fake.

Does that make me a scrooge?

Do these decorations help (Ill spare you an entire home tour)?

What about these elf faces?



I will post pics tomorrow after we have our tree up and decorated- my family is all still in town and are coming over for dinner tonight so we plan to put them to work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought I'd have a real tree too. We did one time. The cats managed to knock it over. The sugar and water spilled out. We were overtaken by ants in the middle of winter. So a fake prelit Martha Stewart tree it is.

amy said...

I just put my tree up a couple of days ago!!

Have fun and I can't wait to see pictures! :)

Annie said...

i have had a fake the 7 years i've had my home, i love my fake tree ;) i miss the smell of a real one so i just buy candels.
looking forward to seeing more pics girly!

TLF said...

We put up our super-real-looking-pre-lit-fake tree last night! ;)

lesli said...

I love the calendar blocks! tell us more about your stuff!