Sunday, December 6, 2009

Kicking Myself

I have spent the last 30 hours in a deep depression.

You see, Friday night was Dereks company Christmas party- started out at a country club here in Austin and ended at a bar hotel downtown.

I woke up Saturday morning with a hefty headache (see: too many vodka sodas) and my camera nowhere to be found. I literally checked every single place I could think of and eventually started making the rounds calling each place wed been to the night before.

Country club: no such luck. Also not too helpful over the phone…
Hotel bar: no luck there either. Must think Im a drunken fool…
Dereks truck: nothing…though I told myself Id do a once over myself asap…

I even started thinking of places to look such as the freezer, my make up bag, in our junk drawer, and my sock drawer. I was frantic and would put nothing past myself. Its not like me to lose or misplace things, I unpack my purse pretty much nightly when I walk in the door so this was very frustrating and was beginning to really stress me out.

As of this afternoon Id given up hope and started looking online for deals on a new camera. Dont get me wrong, I was sick at the thought of spending so much money on myself before Christmas but if you know me, you know how odd it would be to have a Dez with no camera. I thought about all the upcoming events Id want to capture and convinced myself it would be a necessary purchase.

Then I started to do laundry to get my mind off of it, and when hanging up clean clothes I caught a glimpse of the coat I wore Friday night. Guess what was in the pocket? Yep. My camera. Why on earth didnt I think to check there in the first place?

Perhaps I killed too many brain cells on Friday night...oops.

0 comments: