Tuesday, November 2, 2010

60 Days

Its been a hot minute since Ive written anything on my blog. My fiancé keeps giving me a hard time about it but Ive been busy, and recently, a tad under the weather but as many of you can attest to, Ive been keeping up with all of you in true stalker fashion.

Ive been especially hesitant to write since most of what consumes me these days are thoughts about our wedding. I know you will all say you enjoy hearing all about wedding planning, but it starts to make me feel overly narcissistic. It already consumes so many of my conversations. Most of what people ask me isn’t about anything besides the hovering big day and despite the constant shoveling of Halloween candy into my mouth, Im trying desperately to shred any last (say… 20?) pounds I can. I suspect even our dogs know a wedding will be happening in… oh… SIXTY days.

On Friday of last week we sent our wedding invitations out. Im happy to report that weve already got a decent amount of RSVPs. Considering we sent out 300 invitations, itll be a long time until we have a final headcount. I know I may have to make death threats to some but a very lovely precedent has been set thus far.

My wedding bands are in our possession and Im toying with the idea of getting them sized a tad bigger. Derek got his band about two weeks ago. I have my something old, blue, borrowed and new. I purchased my bridesmaids jewelry and have had their gifts for about five months. Gifts have been disappearing off of our registry and some have arrived on our doorstep. The programs have been written and are being printed this week.

Now is the time… to juggle our showers… the holidays… my “diet” and yoga schedule… planning the last minute details…and you know, maintaining my sanity. Easy as pie.

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

I say talk about weddings or whatever you want as much as you want! I worry that same thing sometimes, but then I remind myself that writing a blog about my life is already kind of narcissistic, so who cares? :)

Katie Rae Snow said...

Excited for yall! Got your invitation in the mail! We will be there! Doesn't time fly? I remember last year at this time... wow!

Bird Shit said...

Sanity is so overrated! Good Luck w/ all the wedding planning

TLF said...

So exciting.. you're getting so close!!