Friday, November 5, 2010

Lets Play a Game

Derek bought a house a few years ago and lucky me- he let me move in once I was deemed worthy (I kid, it was more romantic than that). Its been a slow process making it a “home” and I joke with him that just when I get it the way I want it, well move. I want to play a game with you, dear readers. Forgive me if you find it uber lame or silly but until you say so, Ive decided to share every room in my house with all of you.

I wish I had before and after pictures to share but alas, I didn’t move in and document how bare the walls were or how it felt like the ultimate bachelor pad.

Im going to start with our kitchen because its one of my favorite rooms. Many of you saw the transformation when we decided to paint, we replaced our island top with a handmade butcher block, and thanks to many wedding gifts, most of our kitchen gadgets are new.

We went to a German fest not long ago, and I am determined to take Mollys picture wearing this hat
(but really, this picture is more to show you our butcher block)
I showed you mine, will you show me yours?
Next up...the guest room!

3 comments:

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Looks wonderful!! I love to see inside people's homes, so I'll be tuning back in! :)

A Real Housewife said...

our kitchen is the one room...i take that back, i don't like the guest room now, either...i'm not satisfied with.

Bird Shit said...

LOVE the kitchen!!! I live in an apartment right now so I'm not able to change the colors on the wall, wish I could cause I really like that red