Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sad to be Back at Work Today

I tend to feel a sense of panic when its been a while since my last blog. I feel like I need to cover what Ive been doing, but also find myself wondering if that’s even fun to read? If it is, please say so… but for now, Ill assume it is.

Friday for me was spent low key at first- Derek came over, we watched tv and ate pb&J sandwiches for dinner (I never claimed to be a gourmet cook) then met some friends at Trudy's. A few Mexican martinis later, we decided to hoof it over to Sherlock's… lots of fun music, drinks, and dancing later, we all headed home. I played DD that night so I think I deserve a gold star. Go me!

Saturday morning found me excited to spend the day/evening celebrating with Derek but also very reluctant to get out of bed. One of the downsides to having a puppy is how early they want to wake up on the weekends. Molly still has not quite mastered the difference between a Monday and Saturday morning. Needless to say, I was up at nine and decided to let her sleep with me in bed for a little longer until it was time to get up and get a-move-on. Much to my dismay, Molly thanked me for her special treat by CHEWING A HOLE IN MY COMFORTER. Luckily, its very small and in a spot that Im sure can be fixed but man oh man was I mad. In the category of “things my dog has destroyed” I can honestly say she is not horrible but after much deliberation, Derek and I decided Molly is indeed an aggressive chewer and thus I am on the hunt for more durable toys to keep her away from things like my $300 bed set. Suggestions are appreciated.

We finally got on the road and arrived in Fredericksburg around 2 or so…. Checked in to the hotel and almost immediately left on foot to explore Main Street. Much to our delight, we could buy wine and beer and take it with us from store to store… There were also shops that had open bottles of wine from which we could pour while we shopped. I guess they figure the better they get you sauced, the more overpriced things youll buy? We wandered all around, popped in and out of some very cool places, tasted wine at the winery, ate dinner and tried flights of beers at the brewery and of course took many silly pictures.

For those of you who don’t know, Derek and I seem to have made a tradition out of imitating statues wherever we go. (This picture is a little blurry so Ill try to remember to fix it when I get home)

On the way back to our hotel, we stopped at a German restaurant for one last beer and a strudel. We met some nice people sitting next to us but thought it a bit strange that they wanted to tell us all about their son and how they "finally got pregnant." I get that they feel lucky and Im sure he is quite the little blessing but we didnt even know them! It was a weird experience to sit by such over-sharing strangers.

Sunday we got up and headed home. We decided to make the most of our sunny day and have some people over to my pool. After we both got a little crispy, we headed to Sunday dinner at the Bohls' house. Our night over there consisted of wonderful food (as always) and taking a spin in their new cars. They not only got a new Suburban but also a new truck- both so very nice and so very new. I guess it goes without saying that getting in my Honda with a poorly functioning AC after that was a little difficult.

I tried to allowed myself to "sleep in" yesterday as I had the day off, but someone else decided to ruin my efforts and called my cell phone at 830 AM. After that, I really couldnt go back to sleep so up I got and started packing. I had lots to run around and do and of course, moving day certainly isnt getting any further away so I spent my day taking pictures off of my walls, washing curtains and packing up boxes. Fun way to spend a day off work eh? Nothing like being an adult...

I allowed myself a break from the work last night when I had to go pick up my bridesmaids dress for Michelle's wedding and then celebrated Elisa's birthday with her at Chuy's. And here is the best part- I finally got to go and see Sex and the City last night. So incredibly good, I laughed, I cried (many times) and of course, my heart broke a little bit when it was all over. Lets hope they make a sequel.

Hope you all had a good weekend- feel free to come over and pack boxes with me anytime!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Suggestion on the dog toys: Clyde can eat through anything. The one toy he has yet to destroy and the one thing that keeps both dogs entertained for hours...Kong. If you don't know about them, you put a dog treat inside and the dog spends the day trying to get it out. The rubber that it is made out of is impossible to destroy (assuming your dog can't start a fire and burn it).