Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ask And You Shall Recieve

I did it. I made some me time. I guess life has a funny way of giving you what you need, just when you need it.

We've been pretty slow at work this week (I do realize that saying this out loud will most likely make my phone ring off the wall the next two days) and thus, I have had some extra time off. We have the option to sign up to go home on days like these when were simply not needed. The time can be taken as PTO or VTO (voluntary time off) and therefore, unpaid. I usually switch it up depending on how large a chunk of time Im taking. The last two days, I have left work over an hour early and while it may not seem like much- the extra time has more than proven itself valuable to the things Ive needed to get done. So for this reason, I am in a much better mood. Ive gotten in some very intense working out, a long walk for Molly, some quality time with Harry Potter and I even allowed myself to "shop"- I use this term loosely as I technically went to find a new top for interviews. What better way to reward myself for starting the job hunt with a colorful new shirt that will make me feel my best when Im supposed to be singing my own praises! Im usually not so great in that category... so if a shirt helps, so be it!

I have made a lot of time to surf the Internet, job boards, and network with people so all in all, I feel its been a good way to start. I do so very much love where I am with ACS- I just dont like the way my bank account looks. Im not in a rush, nor do I feel the need to take a new job just to take a new job- I will be picky, I will make the best decision I know how, and Ill be all the better for it. In the interim, I will be jugging a schedule of working at both ACS and at Cru. These two places make me feel like my next job should be 3 letters long as well. Or maybe it should be more?

Having taken you all on this roller coaster that has been my hectic life lately, I need to also thank everyone for their kind words, encouragement, and just letting me vent. I promise I didnt start this blog to just talk about negative things so just bear with me while it all works out. I also want to make a special thank you to my wonderful boyfriend, Derek. He has been so willing to help out, to talk things through with me and help me make decisions- though he might argue I ask him to make them for me more often than not. He is always willing to go the extra mile to make my day or my night as easy as he can, be it making dinner, picking up Molly or just by letting me control the remote. He really does a lot, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Please continue to send me happy thoughts and Ill keep you posted on the next positive thing that happens in my life. I promise. All good things come to those who wait, right?

1 comments:

the blogivers said...

Sending happy thoughts your way! And maybe you can do the same for me since I am unemployed and not making much progress on fixing that? :)