Michelle is a married woman.
My weekend runneth over with wedding happenings and today I find myself worn out, a little sore and waiting for next weekend already. Dont remind me that it will be spent packing and working- its still a weekend, and a wedding-less one at that!
Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at County Line. Yummmmmmmmmmmy. We got our procession, holding of the flowers, passing off of the rings and exit from the church down and then we were allowed to over-indulge on massive amounts of really good BBQ. We had good food, good drinks, lovely toasts, and great company. Saturday morning all the girls met at Michelle's Mom's house for brunch and mimosas. We laid around in our pjs until the last possible moment then started lining up to get our hair done. Falon's Mom was on hand to help us all with hair and make up and pretty much anything else we needed. Dresses were steamed, perfume was sprayed, nails were touched up, nervous laughter filled the rooms and then it was go time.
We arrived at the church and took some pictures- the usual- girls getting ready, putting the dress on the bride, then the outside shots were taken and we all stood as patiently as we could while our make-up melted off and sweat rolled down the backs of our legs. It was hot hot hot out there on Saturday! Once we cooled off and touched up our faces, one by one we were sent down the aisle. The ceremony was beautiful, short and sweet and pictures after were equally as fast. Before we knew it, Michelle and Brian were being announced and dinner was served. We ate, drank, danced, and then we had to send them off.
Much of the wedding party could be found downtown after the reception, in tuxes and floor length dresses- we were quite a sight! I cant even count how many times I got the strangest of looks and whispers as I passed. No, I do not regularly wear gowns to bars, nor do I fix my hair like it was- all up and curls falling out all over the place. But I guess its okay if they thought so, if nothing else, it will give them something to gossip about later.
I guess you could say we all made our own honeymoon for ourselves... minus the whole "I do" thing and no plane rides were involved, but we had a heck of a time nonetheless.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Another One Bites The Dust
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Haha wow, loved that article! I'm surprised they weren't making girls wear dresses in the pool...
Post a Comment