Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Calm Before The Storm

Its Saturday and Im at work again. Having assumed my "career" as a wine guru at Cru would last longer than it did, I took off a day this week for training. So here I sit making up the hours. What I would give to be laying by the pool with a good book...

I am happy to report that its been a calm few days since I last wrote. Only one small hiccup in the otherwise nutty life of mine: Molly has or had fleas. I was rubbing her belly after work on Thursday and much to my dismay, I saw little black bugs darting around under her fur. I have never in my life seen a flea so I immediately ran to the always trusty google.com, after reading lots of information that made me even more nervous than I already was, I came to the conclusion that it was indeed fleas making a home on my sweet puppy. We got her some medicine and gave her a serious scrubbing. From what I can tell, theyre gone- though I have read about how sneaky and hard to get rid of they can be, so we will see what happens in the next few days. My skin itches just thinking about it and every single time I say the word "flea."

Thursday night, Derek had an impromptu party at his house. It started small, and before we knew it, his back porch was covered in some of our favorite people. Walt's bachelor party is at Lake Charles this weekend so he had some friends from college come to town- this apparently is the perfect reason for Derek to have a party (to kick off an even bigger, weekend long party.) Needless to say, we all had a great time but it made for a LONG Friday. I was so happy that both my friends and his made the trip out to PVille for the occasion.

Though I was exhausted, work on Friday was pretty slow and calm. I got off early and went home to lay down and catch up on some me time while I could. Kyndall came over for a visit on her way home from bathing suit shopping and we sat and chatted like we do best. We ultimately decided to trek it to her parents house for a good, home cooked meal as Kyndall's Mom, Barbara, is a phenomenal cook. We ate dinner with her parents, caught up and had some good laughs at the expense of others (per usual) and eventually headed back to my apartment to look through some old photo albums I unearthed during my packing last week. Looking through the pictures was so funny- we really couldnt believe the fashion, our personal style and how there were pictures that at age 16, we assumed were the best pictures we'd ever have of ourselves. My oh my how we have changed over the years.

Cheryl came over not too long after and we started packing up the kitchen. We opened a bottle of red wine and many many boxes were filled. I was very impressed with as much as we got done in such a short amount of time and I am endlessly grateful for her help. Now if only I could get the rest of my apartment packed that effortlessly...

And so it is Saturday and here I sit at work... I brought a book and my earphones to pass the time. More packing tonight! Joy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youuu welcome! You'll be all settled into your new and fabulous apartment before you know it :)