Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ive Officially Lost My Mind

You know how to tell when you’ve officially lost it? No? Stick around and Ill tell you.

Your boyfriend comes home from a long day at work. Youre in your pajamas (because nothing normal fits over your massive, swollen knee) and you haven’t washed your hair since yesterday morning. He looks at you with a small amount of disgust and pity all mixed together. He naturally assumes you’ve been in the same spot all day- but wont he wont know is that your biggest and most exciting accomplishment of the entire day is successfully unloading the dishwasher. He has no idea the day you’ve had…

You immediately look at him and put on your best feel sorry for me face and ask if hell drive you somewhere that just may get you out of your un-working knee funk. He looks at you quizzically and you know this just may be crazy enough to work.

-“ I know this is going to sound weird, but would you drive me to get a Mystic Tan?”
(stares back at me blankly for at least 20 seconds…)
-“You want to go and get a tan before we eat dinner???”
-“Well, I just feel so sloth like and gross and it’s the one thing I can do at the moment to maybe not hate my reflection so much, I know you don’t understand but can you try to? PLUS its most effective if you get the spray at night and can sleep in it to let it seep into your skin before you shower”
(anyone who Mystics knows this fact)
-“Ill take you- as long as were back in time for the Aggie basketball game”
-“Ill give you some money and you can treat yourself to something at Starbucks while you wait for me”
(stares back at me blankly yet again)
-“I don’t need anything from Starbucks, but Ill still take you"
(rolls eyes and hands me my crutches)

Ill admit this was a ridiculous request and Ive probably painted myself in an even more insane light for admitting this to the internet. It took me a glass of red wine to say it and now I did. So there. Im a Mystic Tan-aholic. Even when on crutches and half swollen with dirty hair and would die to be seen by anyone I know (besides Derek and the behind the desk tan girl). But guess what? I got out of the house and now IM TAN. Sure, I have white marks where my bandages are and Im sure itll be less than perfection as the blending cream was hard to apply while on one foot but it was fun and Derek got a good laugh out of it.

Sounds like a success in my book!

What are you addicted to that you would have to ask for help with when unable to drive? You know you have something…

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, duh. Obviously, I want a Mystic Tan too.

Christine said...

I have totally been so sick that I could no move but absolutely had to go pick up something from the store, or go get mar car washed. WF helps me with that stuff all the time. It is sweet that he did it anyway! Hope you are feeling better!

A Real Housewife said...

i can just picture the look on D's face...classic. go check out Allena's blog if you haven't already. she posted a pic of EMMETT!!!! buahahaha

plauschinat said...

My favorite part of the story is that you offered Derek a treat at Starbucks. My place is Target...all I need is $20 and a trip there to instantly feel better.

Llama said...

AWWW how sweet is he? He didn't even take the starbucks! I know how it is when you don't feel right...sometimes I feel better just by straightening my hair (as silly as that sounds).
I hope your outside glow made you feel better inside! Have a great weekend!

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Uhmmm...well, I guess if I couldn't move, a tan would make me happier too. That's a tough one! Going to get mac 'n cheese would make me happier too.

Unknown said...

What a guy! I am so glad that you are recovering well, and yay for being tan!!

mrs. thompson said...

i dont blame you at all!

I am having such a hard time notbeing able to tan.. maybe I should try and mystic.. some people look really good with it I sadly have always faked baked! :( maybe i should try it so I dont look as pale as ever...