Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Mumbles

Hello old friends. Sorry to have dumped all over you then disappeared! I was a bit sick of being so down in the dumps and having nothing else to talk about.

Im happy to report my knee is getting much much better- in fact, today I went without any serious pain meds and only stuck to my ibuprofen used to help with swelling. I am getting around much better and can even begin to bend my knee a little. Tomorrow my physical therapy begins so Im sure I will be singing a very different tune. Im a little afraid of what they may ask me to do or positions they’ll make me get in.

Derek and my Mom have almost completed their planting and landscaping projects in both our front and back yards. As promised I will post ‘after’ pictures but it rained all night last night and has been raining all day long as well- its not very pretty at the moment. We have one more plant to get in the ground near our driveway and as soon as the ground is dry again I have a lot of faith itll get done with no problems. I am so grateful to have such a task completed in such a short amount of time and even more grateful I didn’t have to take part in any of the manual labor.

In addition to the yard pictures, I wanted to post some of my knees healing progress but I have it in my compression sleeve, under an ice pack and am all alone. Perhaps Ill schedule a photo shoot with my Mom tomorrow after my physical therapy. See if any miracles happen on that front. Unless youre all sick of gross swollen pictures of my mangled appendage- if so, just say the word and Ill spare you!

To help pass the time I have been watching 30 Rock on Netflix and its safe to say Im hooked. I have heard nothing but rave reviews but already watch so much TV I was hesitant to add to my already long list. In recent days I have also watched The Invention of Lying, According to Greta and Everybody’s Fine. The Invention of Lying was really cute and provided lots of laughs. According to Greta was pretty decent but I have a strong feeling that’s mostly because I have a girl crush on Hillary Duff. Everybody’s Fine, however, was a much more depressing story line- skip it unless you need a good cry. Today I got Food Inc. in the mail as well as Duplicity.

Long story short, its safe to say if youre looking for me, its on the couch or in my bed that you will find me; mindlessly watching the tube shoveling oreos into my face and undoing a very hard months worth of work at yoga. Heres to hoping I can get back in time to shed some last few pounds before we leave for Mexico in April. The very thought of putting on a bathing suit makes me feel ill.

I think that’s about as exciting as it gets for now. Cant wait to be on my feet and functioning again. My posts have gotten a bit boring- and by a bit I mean insanely tough to get through from sheer boredom alone.

Pretty sure even my dogs have cabin fever.

1 comments:

In This Wonderful Life said...

so glad your knee is feeling better!