I suppose I owe all of you a story. Im sure as many of you know and can imagine its been a whirlwind the last 24 hours! I cant believe this moment is here and I couldn’t be more excited to share the details with all of you!
I got an email from one of Dereks best friends on Thursday asking if we would come to dinner at their house Saturday night. She specified that they would be celebrating their wedding anniversary so wed all need to dress up a little more than usual.
I was hesitant to immediately agree as I had a bridal shower for one of my best friends Saturday afternoon. I replied to the email saying wed love to make it to dinner but was unsure about the timing and assured her we would keep her posted on our attendance. Because she is so important to Derek I really wanted to make it work but didn’t want my friend to be hurt if I sketched out early. There cant be a worse feeling that people leaving you high and dry cutting your bridal shower short.
I came home around 5 PM to ice my knee and promptly fell asleep. Id be willing to bet it had something to do with the 5 mimosas I had at lunch that day but that’s neither here nor there. I would later be very grateful for the extra rest! Derek and I got up and moving around 630 and as luck should have it, I had a brand new dress Id purchased that day on hand so I threw it on and out there door we were.
When we walked outside there was a limo waiting for us and I started to wonder what he was really up to. I asked if the limo was for us and Derek wouldn’t give me ANY answers. When I got in the limo and he climbed in behind me, champagne in hand I really got suspicious. I asked where we were going and Derek stuck to his story and assured me wed still be going to dinner at our friends house, only this time, wed be riding in style.
We got about 10 minutes down the road, the champagne was opened and Derek told me he had something to give me. He reached in his pocket and handed me a penny. You can imagine how confused I was when he told me it was his ‘lucky penny’ and he hoped it would bring me as much luck as it brought him. I laughed and tossed it in my purse. Now I was really onto him. About five minutes later he got down on his knee (slid off the leather limo seat) and said he had something else for me. He pulled the small box out of his pocket and we both started to tear up (I don’t think hell like me telling the blogging world about that, but it was so sweet). He asked. I obviously said yes.
At this point I assumed the cat was out of the bag and hed let me in on our actual destination. I was wrong. It wasn’t until we arrived at Cool River that he let me know we had dinner reservations. He asked me to walk over to one side of the building so he could use the restroom before we ate and only then did I notice the most massive gathering of all our friends waiting for us. They were cheering, screaming and clapping and I- was SOBBING.
Derek had set up the most perfect guest list for us. Our best friends, families, parents of my best friends, drinks, flowers and cards awaited us. It was the most amazing night and I could not have asked for a better way to celebrate with all our loved ones.
I am thrilled to take this journey with my best friend and soon to be husband. I feel like the most blessed girl in the whole entire world and am looking forward to all of your wisdom while planning.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Breaking My Silence
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Congrats!!! What a cute story.
We were so happy to be there last night!! Glad you liked my 'Silent Sunday' idea. Ha! The ring looks great in pictures (and even greater in person). Can't wait for the planning to begin.
Congratulations!! I knew this day was coming but I couldn't wait to find out how Derek would propose. Great job Derek!! I am so excited for you both. I can't wait to hear about all of the planning. Your follower # is going to keep increasing with wedding planning details to blog about!
YAY!!!! i'm so excited for ya'll!! I was wondering when it would happen :) I remember when ya'll started dating! Congrats and I wish the best for both of you!
Awwww ... so excited for you!! What a great proposal!! Congrats!!
Congratulations!! So exciting!
Congratulations! That is so exciting.
Yaaay!! Congratulations again! So glad I got to be there to help congratulate the newly engaged couple ;)
Now, come back to work this week or else!
awwww!! what a great story!! i'm so excited for all the wedding planning posts to come. and that ring- breathtaking. you could probably take out a polar bear with that rock.
Aw, that is such a great engagement story! Congrats!!
What an amazing story! You are both just too cute for words. Congratulations!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
So cute!!!
Awww! Congratulations!!!!!!
SOOO Excited for you!!! He did a great job!!!!!!!
His lucky penny? This made me laugh. And I love that all of your friends and family were there after. Love it!
Congrats again!
Congratulations! We're so excited for you both. I love your proposal story.
Becky and Kevin
Congratulations! We are so excited for you both. What a great proposal story!
Becky and Kevin
Oh.. My .. GAH!!! This made me tear up!
Precious!
Post a Comment