Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wahooo

I had my first physical therapy appointment yesterday and Im pretty excited to point out the obvious. Im still alive.


I think I was justified to be afraid of what the appointment could have entailed but was pleasantly surprised when it went smoothly, no tears were shed and I got an A+ on the healing I have done thus far. I still have a way to go but I was assured that Im on track to walk normal again and will, in the near future, regain my independence.

My physical therapist said that if I worked VERY VERY hard over the next few days she believed I could once again drive come Monday. Cue the singing angels.

I refuse to think of any outcome other than the desired one- I want to drive and I want to return to work and I intend to make that happen!

5 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

Yay!! What good news!! I can't even imagine how you've been feeling the past few weeks.. incapacitated, dependent, etc. And with NO good daytime TV, I would be going out of my ever-loving mind, for sure!!! So glad your appt wasn't too too painful! My best friend has had both of her knees reconstructed after a torn meniscus and again after a freak accident with a golf club (contrary to popular believe it was NOT a mob hit) and I can remember the struggle and agony of her physical therapy.. Wishing you lot's and lot's of easier days ahead!!!

amy said...

Good luck on Monday! I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Annie said...

glad to hear you made it through!
i wish you the best in your recovery and the rest of your therapy! :)
have a great week hun!!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Rock on - congrats girl!!!