So I may or may not have had a meltdown last night.
Around dinner time I threw myself a little pity party- I cried and felt sorry for myself. What Im most ashamed of is that I yelled at my mom. After everything she has done for me, after all the meals shes made, all the dishes shes washed and all the yard work shes done for us.
Everyone has been super supportive. Ive gotten so many sweet comments, my friends have sent me emails and cards and one friend even made me enough food to feed an army. Dereks mom made my favorite soup and a pie that she knew Id fall madly in love with (anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate wins in my book) and Derek himself has been the most amazing helper.
Im not trying to make excuses for my meltdown- as you can see from the list above, I have to many reasons to be grateful and thankful but Im so tired of not having my independence. Im tired of not being able to get in my car and go anywhere I want. Im tired of having to be waited on. Im tired of thinking I can do something myself only to find my knee isn’t as strong as Id hoped and it hurts to hobble to and from the kitchen. Im tired of being so hard on my dogs when all they want to do is lay on my lap- they don’t know why they cant or understand that Im hurting under my ice pack. Im tired of looking out the window and not being able to feel the weather- warm, cold, windy or snowy. Im tired of not being able to walk the dogs to the mailbox. Im out of movies and Netflix seems to be moving at a snails pace this week. I miss my friends and wish they would come over to see me. Im lonely.
Im sorry- I had to say all of that. I had to complain and act like a brat. I had to get it off my chest and now I promise Ill be more positive- from this post onward. Swear it.
Youd think all this time home and off of work would be fun but its sort of turning into torture. What on earth do you all do to stay entertained when youre home?! Any ideas? My aunt joked I should take up knitting but that didn’t really get me too excited. I did start watching Six Feet Under so that will keep me occupied for a while… but then what? HELP!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Whiney Wednesday- Consider Yourself Warned
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
start arranging your "drug dealer" magnets? complete with razor blade; watch telemundo and brush up on your espanol?; start planning your someday wedding?; read twilight again?; watch trashy talk shows like jerry springer and laugh at all the crazies?; take up bow staff skills?; order ben & jerry's in every flavor, then call their customer service and file a complaint for how addicting and fattening their ice cream is?; research old wive's tales on what foods, special chants, horrible herbs, and hand stand positions i should take on in order to ensure pregnancy?; take up writing hallmark cards?; ..............fresh out of ideas. ;) be strong, my love!
love and miss you!!!
You should go to this website and make yourself a few brain teaser puzzles: http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/
Sorry to hear about your meltdown, but don't be too hard on yourself - everyone will be empathetic with you since they know your recovery is not easy! :)
I'm with you on that. I could NEVER be unemployed or a SAHM. I was off work for 2 weeks last summer with a kidney stone (yes it was that bad) and I was going NUTS! I read about 15 books in that time. I hope you get to feelin better, and I'm sure your mom understands. =]
I'm sorry lady. I can't even imagine being trapped indoors that long =(
I told you I'd come visit though! You said you'd get back to me to let me know when would be a good time. I suppose I'm not one of these 'friends' you speak of..either way, my offer still stands. Next time you're feeling lonely, you know who to call.
Hope you feel better soon and heal quickly!
I am really bad at entertaining myself so I have no suggestions. I can feel your frustration and I really hope that you heal soon. Have you tried playing a board game with everyone? I'm grasping at straws...i know.
I think it's good to get these feelings out - if you kept them in you unleash them on people that don't deserve it. Just explain yourself - say sorry for acting like this BUT this is what I'm dealing with. I'm so lucky but yet I still feel like *explain here*.
*HUGS* I wish I had an answer for your cure for being bored but honestly when I lost my job for 3 months I sat on my ass and watched food network (and learned to cook). Or I cleaned the house -a nd I know you can't do that :(
Post a Comment