I will be the first to admit Im a woman of many pet peeves and I can be somewhat hard to please. Today was a new low for me. Its very cold and rainy here in Austin this week and as I mentioned in my post yesterday, this makes driving to yoga and working out pretty tough. It took a lot of convincing today to get me up and fed in time to digest and then to put on the skin tight clothes that hug and squeeze me in all the wrong places. But I did it. I did it and I was looking forward to how much better I would feel when it was all over with.
The situation only worsened when I arrived at the yoga studio. You see, class was at 12:15 and the building is sandwiched between a restaurant (a popular lunch spot), a blockbuster (perfect for a rainy day) and a dry cleaner (with reserved ‘one hour parking spots’). Out of all the spaces left for me to possibly park in- EVERY single one of them was next to someone either parked crooked in their space, someone WAY over the line or someone with a truck so big I wanted to scream at them and ask for their logic in squeezing into a compact space.
I ended up parking at the HEB around the corner and walked to the studio in my flip flops, capri work out pants and sleeveless top. I juggled under my arm, my purse, a yoga mat and my frozen bottle of water which only added to my sub zero outer body temperature. Sure, I knew I was going to work out anyway, what was another 500 feet? But when its cold and rainy and Im wearing so little clothing-I wanted nothing more than to leave a nasty note on all 5 of those sloppily parked cars and trucks. I wanted to yell at their mothers for not raising them better (as if parking jobs are a mothers lesson) and I wanted them to see me and feel a little guilty for being in such a rush and not sparing the extra 10 seconds to back up and park a little more straight or look for a more spacious spot.
Let me also add that after class, I leave SOAKING wet, dripping with sweat and even more cold than before. The walk back to my car this time was even more miserable.
Rant over. Thanks for listening.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Rant
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 4:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
This is one of my biggest pet peeves too. I came out to my car from a shopping trip once only to find someone parked in my spot with me. Yeah, they actually parked so badly they were in my space where my car was already parked. Needless to say their car was already beat the heck up. So I left a note that said "Maybe if you leaned how to park properly your car wouldn't look like it does." I have no idea what their reaction was, but man it felt good to leave that note.
You've given me a great idea. Next time I see someone parked like that, I will leave a note.
"Learn how to park, asshole."
ICK! I don't blame you for being upset! I hope that your yoga class helped you feel a bit better!
Doesn't it suck that something so annoyingly awful as terrible parking ruin your yoga-ing? I totally hear ya though - the shitty parking situation is just a symptom of the larger problem about America - no one gives an F about anybody else who happens to co-exist in the same space.
Sorry - it's been a ranty day for me too. ;)
Ugh! So sorry you had to deal with morons! Good girl for going to class though - you rock!!
fyi, we're planning a get together for wednesday, feb 17. before i go all public and blog about it though, e-mail or FB me and let me know if that day works for you!
Post a Comment