My Mom was supposed to be home January 30th. Her replacement was having visa issues to get out of his home country/into the new country and onto the ship to start work so her arrival home was delayed to February 5th. I just got an email from her saying he has still been unable to get his visa issued resolved so her plan to come home has again been delayed. We wont know when shell be home for a while and even when were given a date (as weve learned) things can come up to prevent her from coming home.
I feel like all the air just got sucked out of me.
She works on a cruise ship and while it sounds like all glamour and fun- shes never here. She misses my birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas; shes missed her grandmothers 90th and 95th birthdays. She misses little everyday things like when I need my mom and wish she was only a phone call away. She misses her nieces and nephews growing up and she misses the little things that well never get back. I know Im being dramatic but its really painful to plan for a homecoming only to have it pushed back time and time again.
Monday, February 1, 2010
A Real Let Down
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such a bummer. I couldn't imagine not being able to talk to my mom whenever I wanted. Hope she gets home soon!
I honestly don't know what to say. I hope you see her soon! I hurt for you.
I hope she comes home soon!
Post a Comment