I lied to you. I didn’t post Monday- I didnt even post Tuesday. I got caught up with laundry, dry cleaning and pup washing post boarding. After all of that, I had to face the music and play "ketchup" at work. People need beer for their summer activities, no? A girls gotta work.
Tuesday was spent in my typical Tuesday crank type 'tude. We had our weekly sales meeting at 630 AM and the AC was broken in the conference room which made it all that much worse. Ive had a bad nights sleep the last two nights- the first of which I blame on a combination of trying to get back in the swing of things after our trip and a book I simply could not put down. I have been reading My Sisters Keeper for what feels like an eternity and with all the flying time to and from Denver, I found my stride and am within pages of finishing. So so so so good. Read it. (Im now finished and seriously would shove it down all of your throats if you were close enough)
So, allow me to address our trip to Denver. I have to apologize (again) in advance because I am posting from work and don’t have my pictures on this computer. You'll have to use your imagination for now and Ill try to update later.
We flew in to Denver on Thursday and immediately met our friends at a local brewery/bar. We killed some time until a “Welcome to Denver” BBQ at the brides fathers house. The food was good (I ate my weight in mashed 'taters) and when the weather got rainy (like it did EVERY day we were there) we went inside. We were met almost immediately with shots of what the "Serbs" drink best, Slivovitz. Its awful. Its like a combination of cheap tequila and bad rum. Its also one of those horrible shots that you taste HOURS later. A few rounds into it, we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel bar for some night caps. I did make it a point to hit up the nighttime cookie happy hour complete with every type of cookie you can dream of and milk- in all flavors.
Friday morning met us a little early as we had to pick up a rental car and head to Fort Collins which is about an hour away from Denver. Derek and I were lucky enough to get set up with a private VIP tour of the New Belgium brewery through my work. We loved every second of it, got lots of cool free stuff and left just in time to stave off any buzz we may have gotten before driving back.
That evening was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Again we were met with shots of "the devil liquor" (I have renamed it) and lots of rain. Were talking downpour type crazy sideways rain. Once it cleared up, we had a fancy craw fish boil and drank our beer with no problems from the lingering rain clouds. A traditional stop at the hotel bar was in order before bed but we kept it a decently early night as the groomsmen had to be up early for their spa day. Yep, the male members of the wedding party were pampered all day long. Who is jealous besides me?
The wedding itself the next day was beautiful, very simply decorated as it took place in an ornate Serbian orthodox temple- and the tradition of the ceremony was something else! Lots of Greek spoken, lots of chanting, lots of standing which my feet hated, and lots of "lord have mercy[s]". All in all, quite an experience.
And guess what waited for us on the other side of the temple doors when we exited? Yep, that damn liquor. The house party had literally snuck out of the temple before ceremonies end and poured about 200 shots just for this very reason. I had no choice.
The reception took place at Mile High Station which was AWESOME. Were talking beautifully decorated, fully stocked bar, excellent food, not a penny spared type of reception. I can only imagine how long Katies parents will be paying this off. We had a blast and really enjoyed the company of all our friends, their families and the beautiful city.
The last and most scary impression I have of Denver is getting in the taxi to head towards the airport with the sounds of hurricane sirens bidding us goodbye. That wasnt scary at all.
And now that I AM at home, Ill post pictures, since this isnt already way too long:
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
So Maybe It Took Until Wednesday
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hey girl! thank you so much for your comment the other day! i'm following your blog now so i can keep up with you! i love that you live in austin=)
looks like your trip was wonderful & you looked darling at the wedding!
have a good day!
lesli
Post a Comment