Its been so long since I have had a weekend like this past one. I napped Friday evening, ate at Freddys (so completely deliciously bad for you) and spent a lot of time on the couch watching junk TV with my two loves (Derek and Molly).
Saturday morning I slept in which was followed by a few quality hours reading My Sisters Keeper at the pool. Erin, Rhonda, Ryan and Macey all joined me after a bit and soon after I decided Id cooked long enough. It was time to primp. Derek and I celebrated our two year anniversary by chowing down at Z Tejas (another meal of sheer perfection).
Because I dont think any of you read my blog to get a play by play on my every move over the weekends, Ill talk about more interesting things.
1) As Erin mentioned on her blog, I am ecstatic for the release of New Moon- now if only the months leading up to its release could hurry on by. Thanks. I cannot wait to see Edward/Roberts face on the big screen in all of its glory.
2) Im still pretty hung up on the drama of Jon and Kate. I check people and perez as often as I have time during the day and I am still (barely) holding out for a reconciliation between them. Naive? As I type this, Im actually watching an old episode on tv and theyre laughing and having fun together- teasing and flirting- I just really wish it didnt seem like all hope was lost on them.
3) Anyone else in Austin think its already ridiculously hot outside? I think were in for a HOT summer. It makes me a little nervous, and also makes me want to stock up on economy sizes of both deodorant and freon.
4) Today marks 23 days until my friend Sarah comes into town. She will be in from Boston and while Ive already started a laundry list of all the things we have to go do, please feel free to send suggestions my way. She has been to Austin before (a few times, actually) but weve never really done it up in a complete Austin fashion.
As if this post wasnt random enough- I want to take a poll. I have never really done one of these. Ive asked questions and gotten some answers, but this is to really see how many of you out there will play along!
Who is the most famous person youve ever met?
Me? Well thats easy. OJ Simpson: athlete, Heisman Trophy winner, actor, author, murderer. It was a chilling experience to say the very least.
8 comments:
Brent says Ben Crenshaw for him...I can't think for myself, but I did SEE Ben Crenshaw. If I think of anything better, I'll post again. How sad for living in Austin...
my bff's pat sajak and vanna white, when i was on wheel of fortune :)
Ethan Hawke. He's from Fort Worth and he used to frequent the shop I worked at in downtown, Retro Cowboy. Jamie Foxx & Queen Latifah....my brother in law literally ran in to them one summer in Cabo.
AHEM! You did not add that I was at the pool too!!!
And Patch Adams is my famous person.
And, yes, it's SO hot out already!
Well besides meeting 2 of the Backstreet Boys, I also got to meet Henry Winkler (the Fonz from Happy Days)- pretty exciting!
I am boring…I have not met a single famous person! But I just wanted to comment on that picture of yours with OJ- Awesome. That cracks me up!
I am a loser, and dont recall a famous person I have ever met...if I did, obviously they werent that special!
oh Rachel Ray? but that was a book signing. and I dont even really like her cooking! :oP
I love yalls pic w OJ though, it cracks me up
Im obsessed with Jon and Kate still too, I still have so much hope for them!! Its sad!
and New moon, ahhh, cannot wait for it to be out! :)
OJ touched you!
I'm visiting from your mention on The New Black's blog.
Post a Comment