Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In Exactly Seven Days

In one week, my lifelong best friend, Sarah will be HERE!!!


I have known Sarah since I was literally a few months old. We learned to swim together, had chicken pox together, sat in the same lay-z-boy and watched ALF together, loved Mr. Rogers together and even ate our meals at the same speed. Were talking, you take a bite, I take a bite type speed. She would get mad at me if I sipped my juicy juice or milk before she was ready. At one point we even laughed so hard together that she swallowed a part of a lifesaver and it ended in her mom scooping her upside down by her ankles. She is the closest thing I have ever had to a real sister and I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see her. Be it in Boston or here in Austin, she makes everything so much fun.

I have spent a lot of time thinking up an agenda for her visit (she is bringing her boyfriend as well, and he has never been on an airplane!) and this is what I have come up with...


Wednesday:
Airport pick up 11 AM
Lunch downtown (suggestion needed)
Pool time/rest (its going to be so hot to them)
Dinner at the Oasis

Thursday:
Breakfast/brunch (Kerby Lane)
Barton Springs (any activity that will keep us cool)
Dinner at Dereks parents house (they live on a farm and have tons of land, we can ride around on a tractor or in a truck around their pasture... yes, Im serious)
Out somewhere local (Docs, Hannovers, anywhere up north near home)

Friday:
Pool time, walk around downtown or south congress (anything, really)
Late Lunch (suggestion needed)
Cloark Room (bar)
Downtown at night 4th/6th Street

Saturday:
Breakfast/brunch @ home
Boat party 1230-4 PM
Dinner at Hula Hut
Sunday:
Funs over, back to the airport

Am I missing anything? Where should we for sure eat during those mealtimes not already determined? Were trying to really do the Austin theme up big!

4 comments:

Mrs SarahB said...

Friday you guys could do Alamo Draft House!!! Love that place.

STACEY said...

Maybe Cele for some drinks & BBQ, or how about El Patio

Allena said...

-Home Slice when you are on S. Congress
-Gotta get some Amy's Ice Cream...and maybe Phil's Ice House
-I agree abouy Alamo and Cele
-Amaya's has the best tacos, El Rincon for breakfast tacos
-Top Notch or Mighty Fine for burgers

Can you tell I'm all about food these days?

Allena said...

More thoughts...Moonshine (maybe for brunch), someplace for BBQ (I liked Stacey's suggestion for Cele), Freebird's...