My sweet is getting all four of his wisdom teeth out on Friday. I apparently had very little wisdom and only had one and it needed to be pulled. I had a much swifter recovery than I expect him to have and plan to stock up on lots of soft/chewless foods for him.
What did you eat? What did you hate?
On a related note- when I had my tonsils out in college, I was assured over and over there would be very little in my immediate future besides ice cream. That. Was. A. lie.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
"Wisdom" To Share?
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Smoothies are good, but he can't use straws (will cause dry sockets) and be careful of anything with berries (the seeds can get lodged in the hole...icky). Ice cream. Pudding. Mashed potatoes. Overcooked spaghetti. I loathe soup, but it would probably be a good option.
I am pretty sure I begged my mom for taco bell on the way home...I would advise against that, though :)
J.E.L.L.O!!!!! I didn't want much the day I got mine out. But after words, I just wanted things like d.a.r. mentioned. By the end of my recovery, I was crying because I was so hungry and just wanted a real meal. Good luck taking care of the man :)
I just got mine out in February and all I can say is to tell him NOT make any kind of sucking/kissing motion with his mouth. I did this a few times to call my kitty to come over to me and I got dry sockets which was the WORST pain i've ever had! I was addicted to Wendy's frosty's... I think I probably had about 15 during the 4 days it took me to recover enough to go to work. GOOD LUCK! If he doesn't get dry sockets, he will be just fine!
chicken broth, pudding, soups....although he'll be so knocked out that first day I doubt he'll want much at all.
Post a Comment