Monday, May 3, 2010

Wedding Peek: Yet More Cake

I realized a funny coincidence last night that I couldn’t believe hadn’t crossed my mind before. We are serving a traditional wedding cake in a non traditional way. As I mentioned before, there will be 5 smaller cakes and they will not be tiered. You know what else is 5? The number of letters in Dereks (and my soon-to-be) last name.
So… we are having an iron cake stand custom made- the woman doing our flowers is wonderful and is not charging for it as she will reuse it down the road for future weddings. I promise I will share it with all of you just as soon as she faxes me over a sketch of it. Each cake will have one letter of our last name topping it. I first shopped around for the more common cake toppers and didn’t find much that spoke to me so a special shout out to Sweetish Hill for being so awesome and helping me make this idea come to life in frosting!

My love, Erin, asked me what flavor/s wed chosen so I thought Id let you in on our choices:

1) vanilla with raspberry filling
2) vanilla with chocolate pastry filling
3) vanilla with dulce de leche filling
4) vanilla with classic buttercream filling
5) vanilla with cream cheese filling
6) Dereks Groom cake- Chocolate with raspberry filling

Im already having a hard time deciding which flavor I want to try- which one would you try?? Or is better to ask which one would you not try.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a raspberry person so I'd skip those.

Allena said...

I want them ALL...and guess what? I'll be there, so I can eat them all! :)

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

I want one of each!!!! :) Chocolate and Raspberry makes me swoon!

Mommy Mo said...

Love the non traditional cakes...cute idea!!! I would eat all of them...love me some sugar!

A Real Housewife said...

well, when you don't see me for three hours at the reception....i'll be the fat bitch passed out under the cake table with frosting smeared on my face. ;)

mrs. thompson said...

are you making each "tier" or cake a different flavor? bec you could!

They sound great though, very non-traditional! :)

rena said...

Dulce de leche! yum!

C Murda said...

I'll be passed out under the cake table too :)