Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Soups On

I have been very devoted to making dinners at home lately. I typically sit down with my cookbooks and magazine recipe tear outs (almost always from my Mother in law to be's collection of Real Simple magazines) and I make a list. My grocery list always has a lot of staples on it but it almost always has items specifically for dinners I want to make in the next two weeks.


Some of my recent favorites I wanted to share with you, lovelies.

Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells:
20 jumbo pasta shells (about half a 12-ounce box)
1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
2 15-ounce containers ricotta
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 cup grated mozzarella (4 ounces)
green salad (optional)
1.Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and run under cold water until cool.
2.Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a large broilerproof baking dish.
3.In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells and place them on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake until the shells are heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
4.Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the cheese begins to brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve with the salad, if desired.
Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas:
 
1 (10.75 ounce) can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

2 cup sour cream
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortillas (6"), warmed
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, sliced
1.Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
2.Stir 1 cup picante sauce mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
3.Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them seam side up in 11 x 8" shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
4.Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 min. or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

YUM-O!
Thanks for the recipes!!!!
I think all 3 of my boys will like these;)

Heather said...

Sounds great!! I know what I am making for dinner now! Thanks for the recipes!

Annie said...

i LOVE making stuffed shells and enchiladas!! YUM!!
we usually have extra lean ground beef/turkey enchiladas though, love em!

i need to make stuffed shells asap! it's been far too long and they are delicious!!

Bird Shit said...

Those look SOOOOO good!!!