Sarah Ann asked me about our wedding music choices so far. I had a feeling that question might come up and so I have put together a sampling for you all.
Enjoy!
Our grand entrance (Derek LOVES this song and put up a convincing case that it was the right song for us and our wedding party to be introduced with)Our first dance. We don’t have the most amazing chemistry when it comes to dancing together (the horror, I know) and neither of us really wanted to spring for dance lessons. We found this song and listened to it together (I teared up a bit) and decided it was slow enough that we may survive out on the dance floor for the 3+ minutes.
The dance I will share with my grandfather had to be a special one. Though I grew up with a step father, my grandfather has always been a constant in my life. He has provided me a stable and dependable relationship I can only describe as perfect. He truly is my hero.
The Anniversary dance was one that we didn’t feel as much pressure on. It was allowed to be a cliché song that most people knew, and again it had to be easy to dance along with. I cant wait to see what lucky couple is left standing at the very end!
Derek also picked the song that will be played as we cut the cake- this was his first choice for our first dance but it seemed too silly and way too fast for our skills. I thought that was a good compromise.
As for the garter removal and the toss- well those are just silly.
The bouquet toss is one I still don’t know if Im absolutely sure of: In Dereks words "weve gotta push the envelope a little bit"
And of course our last dance will be an ode to Donna Summers:
We still have a few to plan for/decide on but there is no rush and just this start made my heart slow down a beat. Every little thing we cross off our list makes us both feel a little more prepared. We have a new niece or nephew coming in October as well as a cousin that has his own wedding the very same month. Once November rolls around itll be family and eating non stop and dont even get me started on how crazy December will be. We are essentially losing two months of planning- so to all you naysayers out there, I plan for a reason!
6 comments:
the "cut the cake" link and "anniversary dance" link are the same song. LOVE your first dance choice!
Excellent choices! I think that Milkshake is funny for the bouquet toss, but I would be a little hesitant too. ☺
Milkshake ... love it! Hubby and I were announced into our reception to 'Who Let The Dogs Out?' Hee, hee.
those are all great choices! so fun!
Love the song choices! Mark and I used Al Green's 'Let's stay together' for our first dance! Great song and it's from the pulp fiction soundtrack!
Love your songs! My step daughter got married a few months ago and when they did the whole garter thing the mission impossible theme was played. Her husband came to the edge of the dance floor with dark sun glasses on and the rolled across the floor, he was cutting flips all over the places. It was hilarious!!
The milkshake song is going to be funny!!
Post a Comment