Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vitamins

My Mother always made sure I took my vitamins. She always made sure I wrote thank you notes after receiving gifts from loved ones. She always tried to teach me that plants grow towards the sun and how often which ones need to be watered (she has an amazing green thumb). She taught me the importance stretching every day and of Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd.

Of all of these, the one I never completely understood was vitamins. I get that they need to be taken with food and I understand the concept of what theyre good for but theres just one thing I cant quite grasp.

Which vitamins are okay to take with other vitamins? Ive heard that some combinations cancel one another out. Which should be taken in the morning and which should be taken at night? Is B12 really good for energy or curing hangovers?

Earlier this week I loaded up on:
Fish Oil
B12
Vitamin E
Multi Vitamins

If you have any helpful tips or excess vitamin knowledge PLEASE SHARE!

4 comments:

rena said...

I'm not real good with vitamins - yes I should take them, but eh. I take fish oil to help with my (high) cholesterol and I sometimes drink pomegranate juice on hangover mornings, so whatever vitamins are in that - help. :)

rena said...

Oh - also, there is some sort of way of taking Vitamin D over the span of 3-4 days which is basically equivalent to the flu vaccine - I got that from my mom, the nurse. And none of us got the flu (swine or otherwise ;)) this past year.

Katie Rae Snow said...

I totally stick with the gummy vitamins! :) But really, does that surprise you?

A Real Housewife said...

i think fish oil is disgusting!! it made me burp a fishy taste......NOT COOL. i'm pretty sure a good multi vitamin is all you need if you're healthy. try women's one a day.