When Dezzy asked me to guest post, I immediately wanted to do something wedding inspired. For those who may not know, Dez is recently engaged and planning a winter wedding for this coming January. Even though she has made most of the big decisions already, I thought I'd give her some winter wedding ideas.
Favors, Centerpieces & Decor
1. custom snow globes with table numbers inside
2. a faux snow-dusted tree with crystal ornaments which can be used as seating cards as well as takeaways for the guests
3. knit gloves with hot cocoa and marshmallows serve as cozy favors for the guests
4. Tori Spelling had guests write notes to the newlyweds which were hung from a "wish tree" made of willow branches and cymbidium orchids in a vase filled with shells the couple had collected in Fiji.
5. You can place simple flower arrangements in different sized vases to make an immediate impression in a small space. Carnations are a perfect solution because they can be packed tightly together and are rather inexpensive.
Flowers
1. calla lilies accented by a lush lily leaf
2. peonies, French lilac and stephanotis
3. a mixture of stephanotis, tuberose, hyacinth, nerine lilies, mini callas, garden roses, and jasmine
Cakes
Most winter cakes I found were white and accented with flowers similar to that of the bride's bouquet.
Photographs
I would suggest having poses in mind before the ceremony. Don't be afraid to speak up. Tell your photographer exactly what you want or don't want. Be specific.
Every bride should have:
-posed shots
-candid shots
-silly pictures
-pictures of guests
-pictures of the food
-pictures of the cake
-pictures of the favors
-pictures of the first dance
-pictures of everyone dancing
-pictures that represent the bride and groom
You didn't honestly think I'd make it through this post without pictures of celebrities, did you?
If you have any advice or ideas for Dez, let her know. I'm sure she can use all the help she can get in planning her big day.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
A Guest Blogger!!!
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 4:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HP you are a great GB.
I used a coffee table book called Atlanta Now and then for our guest book. It is awesome. The pics are a lot of black and white and we had guests sign in red pen. LOVE that book. And I like it much better as a memoir than a white one that says GUESTS on the front.
DOn't forget pictures of the brides SHOES & JEWELRY.. That's a MUST!
Great post! :)
I'm such a star. ;)
This post is absolutely incredible, makes me want to get married again SO badly (to the same man of course!) WOW. I literally love everything!
Post a Comment