Its no secret that Im a huge planner. I like details, I like a schedule and I like knowing what to expect. This is precisely why I have already bought a new (bigger) basket and filled it with all kinds of big and small chew toys, indestructible ones, soft and fluffy ones, ropes and kongs, tennis balls and bones. I have ordered some specialty toys online for nameless pup as well as a few new ones for our sweet Molly- she deserves some of the pampering, no? Janet has collected newspaper for me and Ive hoarded weekly copies of the chronicle for which to line pups kennel for the fist few weeks (months?). I am so ready to have him here. I hope to get some good reading and learn a little more about the labradoodle breed on our drive to Houston.
Next week will no doubt be a bit stressful for us. Not only will we have Molly and the new puppy (which will no doubt lead to some lost sleep) but were also doggy sitting Ryan and Rhondas two basset hounds Henry and Rufus. Thats four dogs for those of you who cannot count. FOUR. Dont get me wrong, Im sure itll go off without a hitch and Im happy to do it, Im just thinking it may get a little hectic in the mornings.
I set up a pole on my blog (over to the right) as well as on facebook and via email with some of our closest friends. I am heartbroken to report that the name Reggie seems to be winning by leaps and bounds. I personally am in LOVE with the name Boston and even the name Harlem but Derek has pushed hard for Reggie and the court of public opinion seems to agree. Boston has very special meaning as that feels like home to me, and its a shout out to my cat- Bean. Bean/Boston/Boston Baked Bean/Bean Town... you get the idea. I just really really wish Derek liked it more because saying Boston that many times a day would surely put a smile on my face.
As I mentioned, this weekend will find us in Houston. Due to aforementioned doggy duty, we will not be leaving until tomorrow morning, but thats all fine and dandy with me. I have worked out every single day this week and almost every single day for the last 3 weeks. Having tonight and tomorrow morning will allow two more qork-outs before we hit the road. I dont own a scale but I feel better, have more energy and can feel my clothes start to fit a bit better. Seeing myself in the nude (sorry for the image) still makes me want to cry, but Ill get there. Come next summer, Ill be back to my bikini ways. At least I hope so. I am a firm believer in no bikinis past a certain age and I want at least one more summer to feel really young and in shape. No, you dont have to wear the big tented swimsuits with the skirts attached, but cover up and act your age!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Puppy, Weekend and Workouts
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
just curious....how old is too old for a bikini?? LOL. now I feel like I should maybe put mine away!
Agreed! But for sure after people have children, I don't think a string bikini is necessary... unless your Heidi Klum, right?
Post a Comment