Happy Fourth (fifth) of July!
Not only is (was) it a day to be thankful for our Independence, but its also a day to thank all past, present and future soldiers fighting for us here at home. So many of the people I follow in the blogging world are married to men in the service. I also want to thank them for all that they do and the sacrifices they make in their everyday lives as well as in their marriages.
We celebrated by spending the weekend on Lake LBJ. Walt was kind enough to open his parents home to us (yet again) and like always, we had a blast. We arrived Friday evening, snacked and had a few cold beers out on the patio. Saturday morning we got up, ate breakfast and bathed in sunblock in preparation for a day on the water. Armed with noodles and floats, we hung out in the lake and played for the entire afternoon. Nighttime found us watching what seemed like the longest fireworks show EVER, thats one thing I still get incredibly excited about- fireworks. And may I add how much cooler they look when displayed over water? They make me feel like such a kid again and the smell of bug spray, sunblock and hot dogs makes me grin ear to ear every year.
Hope your 4th was as fun as our was- Molly is currently sleeping it off and I predict she will be for the next two days like she usually does after we take her on our adventures.

0 comments:
Post a Comment