Nameless pup is asleep at my feet. No, he has no name yet. Still.
We keep calling him puppy and buddy so with any luck, we may actually settle on a legit moniker soon. The problem is this- we both really really like the names we like and really really dislike the others. We/I am trying very hard to be patient and find a name we both enjoy and seems to fit puppy well. We had this same problem with Molly (the name is somewhat generic and plain, but she is such a Molly). Derek pretty much let me run with that one and this time I am all for him having a larger role in the naming process.
Reggie has won the poles by leaps and bounds- but it seems so... not a dog name. Am I crazy? I love the name Boston but it didnt do so hot in the court of public opinion, Harlem was consistently in second place- and as of last night we decided we also liked the names Sampson and Emmitt (as in Smith or Cullen). Were supposed to be crossing names off, not adding them.
Why on earth am I making this out to be such a big deal you ask? Well, this is our last pet. Two dogs is my max, one was Dereks max- and hes compromised a lot for me. For this reason especially I think pup needs to be named just so.
In other doggy news I am happy to report we have yet to have an accident inside. Sure it will happen and it will be gross and a pain to clean but so far our little guy is an impressive pottier. He slept in his kennel last night for almost seven hours and awoke with not a drop on his newspaper lining. Way to go! Im not so happy to report that he is a crier. An epic crier. He cried for almost an hour last night before finally admitting defeat and falling asleep. He cried while I showered this morning, he cried when he saw his reflection in the full sized mirror and reflection puppy didnt play back, he cries when hes sitting at my feet. Its really pretty heart wrenching and also VERY VERY annoying. Im hoping that Mollys company will slowly take the place of his mom and his puppy siblings we so horribly ripped him away from.
Im going to try to talk about some other things, beside dog talk moving forward- and I got a new memory card so I just may post pictures once I get some good ones of him. Is it just me but are black dogs hard to capture on film? It looks a lot like they have no eyes...
Monday, July 27, 2009
All About Pup
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG... I love Sampson!!! Name it!
I voted for Harlem. I do not think Reggie is a fitting name for the dog at all. I like Emmitt, but only because he's a Cullen.
Post a Comment