Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Sullivans

As Stacey (who I finally met in person!), Heather and Allena have already blogged about, we spent this last weekend in Sweet Home, Texas for a much anticipated wedding. Our dear friends Heather (yes, there are two Heathers in this post) and Casey finally tied the knot!

There was a group of 8 that stayed in a cute little rental called The Longhorn House (too bad it was bursting at the seems with Aggies) and it was precious! With our four bedrooms came ONE bathroom, TWO kegs of beer (Bud Light and of course, Shiner), a fully stocked bar and a precious porch on which we spent the wee hours of both mornings. I cannot, for the life of me, get the picture of our precious house to load to take a peek at Allenas blog to see it!

The rehearsal ran way long and I had the privileged of standing in as a bridesmaid for Cara who was unable to make it on time. When my bladder finally caved and it was time to find a bathroom in the church, we decided to give Macey (Dereks year and a half year old niece) a break and headed to the restaurant for dinner to wait for the 'real' wedding party to join us. Not only did it take FOREVER to get our dinner, but the AC broke halfway in. Luckily, the drinks and laughs kept us all entertained as well as Maceys usual tricks she brings to the table.

After dinner was a gathering at our rent house and because they always do, the party didnt end until about 4 AM. Saturday morning arrived far earlier than I would have liked but the boys needed to get up and ready as Derek was a groomsman and both Ryan and Brent were ushers. The ceremony began at 2:30 PM so we didnt have too much time to dilly dally around. The ceremony was nice (not as long as most Catholic weddings I have been to) and off to the reception we headed...

There really is no way to describe how perfectly decorated the reception was, how BEAUTIFUL Heather looked and how much fun we really had in Sweet Home while we boogied down and ate delicious food chased by delicious drinks. Unfortunately, pictures cant do it much justice but Ill post them anyway- enjoy!
Rehearsal Dinner
Heather and her Dad
I cant get the picture to turn- but you get the idea, right?
Playing the Aggie War Hymn while Walt puts his horns up
Macey checking out the wide open space
my cheeky date
Macey feeding Ryan
Thats my boyfriend...doing some kind of jig?
Macey with her new best friend
Heather doing the Limbo
and Derek too
RO Boys
RO Girls

Another one of us

Caught 'em right before they left

Have fun in St. Lucia- tell Amy Winehouse hello!

The mandatory sword display while exiting

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your dress!!

Jill said...

i adore that dress too!! looks like you had a blast.

Heather Sullivan said...

That's one classy bride...doing the limbo...hahaha. We had so much fun. I can't wait to see more pics