I apologize in advance for what I foresee as being one of the busiest weeks of my life. Well, kinda, sorta, maybe. A little?
In my new role at work, I am responsible for promoting our high end beers to our high end clients- i.e. today I spent a small chunk of time sipping coffee at the Four Seasons while conversing about the economics of carrying New Belgium (Fat Tire, Lips of Faith, Mighty Arrow, etc) products. I am by no means complaining because I can honestly say that when I count my blessings on a daily basis, my job is always on the list. However, this week has a little something extra in store for me which adds to the stress.
Wednesday and Thursday will both be spent one on one with one of two (one per day) brewery reps from the Widmer Brothers Brewing Company (Broken Halo, Hefe, Drifter, w '09, etc) and I will be responsible for driving them around to key accounts all over Austin. The idea is that with their knowledge of the beers behind their brand mixed with my sales skills, we will get several placements and have all the reason in the world to celebrate. You see, our evenings are spent around town in accounts that already carry Widmer products so we drink, promote the brand and goof off in general.
One thing that stresses me out is a 6 AM company wide meeting on Wednesday morning- this will be followed by a team breakfast for all the sales reps and their brewery pairings- which will then lead into an all day team sales crew drive- and finally close with drinks at the bar. Oh, and Thursday we get to get up and do it all over again (thank goodness there will not be a company meeting that day as well!)
If I dont write anything else this week, lovelies, know I am thinking of you and wishing you all a fantastic week! Happy blogging!


1 comments:
You're gonna do great! Have fun and good luck!
Post a Comment