Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Visit and a Meal

We were finally able to see Janet last night- Well, I should say I was able. Derek ended up coming along with me. Not only was her rehabilitation facility so nice, but she seems to be really coming along in her recovery already! She was perched in her bed, surrounded by pillows, having spent some time in the rehab pool playing all sorts of fun games that revolved around the use of water noodles and beach balls. She said that the nurses are wonderful and shes enjoyed the food (which surprised me)- but that didn’t stop me from overloading her with some baked goods from Marie Calendars per her request.

After our visit, Derek and I went for a special dinner treat and ate at Tokyo Steak House. Every time we eat there, were blown away at how good all the mountains of food are. I think Im still full… though I doubt that will hinder my ability to eat a boat load of bad-for-me food at lunch today.

0 comments: