It’s a bittersweet weekend for me- lots of pros and cons to share with you, lovelies.
1) Derek will be gone for the third weekend in a row and we still have three more to go. Yes, that’s a total of SIX weekends he will be gone.
He is taking a prep class for his PE (Professional Engineer Exam) in San Antonio and while I miss him terribly, he too is having a hard time seeing the silver lining. And that’s tough for him, he is such the silver lining kind of guy. Last weekend he spent both Friday and Saturday nights at the local Chilis bar. That’s a whole new kind of sad.
2) Mitch is coming to visit me!
Mitch is really into Bruce Springsteen- who happens to be having a concert here in Austin on Sunday night. Which means… I get him ALL WEEKEND! I have all sorts of fun stuff planned so I have that to look forward- all of you feel free to come along and play. I'm sure Ill have to give in and escort him to a sports bar of sorts so maybe it will feel like a piece of Derek is with me?
3) I'm missing a Birthday Bash!
I'm missing my dear Erins birthday extravaganza in the DFW area. I'm so sad to miss the fun because obviously I love her and want to celebrate with her, and I cant stand to miss a fun party =( Aside from all that, anytime I go up there to visit, it’s a mini reunion day in and day out so I'm sad to miss out on all the familiar faces.
3) Molly is getting her annual “spring/summer shave”
As I have mentioned before, yes, Molly is a yorkiepoo that looks mostly poo (hehe) but that does NOT mean I want her to actually LOOK like a poodle. While many do not understand that, I can attest to her increased lovability when her hair is completely fro’d out and long/crazy. I hate getting her shaved because she starts to look like an oversized street rat. A hairless one. Having said all of that, because we live in Texas and her hair is like crazy out of control and matted worse than ever before (have YOU ever tried to comb out poodle hair? Don’t judge me) today is the day she will get shaved, and shell love me for it. She just wont be as cute as usual. Yea, I said it. Whats it to you?
Friday, April 3, 2009
Highs and Lows
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
a. i am definitely watching twilight right now. edward cullen = yum.
b. the PE is going to be SO worth it. it will open a new world of possibilities for his career. i don't know where he wants to go with it or anything, but i know there is a big difference between 6 years experience and 6 years experience with a PE. the latter will get you much further in pay increases, flexibility, etc. except that you know, you can get sued for sealing something craptastic. you'll see the silver lining when he passes!
Post a Comment