Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Dreaded Swine Post

My friend Erin sent me a text early this morning letting me know that both Fort Worth ISD as well as Cleburne ISD have both been shut down. For those of you that dont know Erin or where she lives (because, why would you?) she lives in a city smack dab in between this general aforementioned area. Of course, I took that opportunity to BEG her to drive to Austin and hide from the impending threat of the Swine Flu (aka H1N1 Virus which I suppose is the P.C. approved name for this debacle).

When she turned me down I offered to call in a pig threat to her work as she clearly cannot be expected to work under said conditions. I told her once the task was completed, the code word she would receive would be "bacon."

** I, in no way whatsoever, mean to make light of a potentially tremendous threat to all of our health- these things just dont scare me, and perhaps that is exactly why I may sound like the most ignorant person on earth to all of you readers?**

0 comments: