Thursday, July 29, 2010

Try It Thursday: Drifter Pale Ale

As Ive mentioned before, Im a pretty big fan of pale ales. Widmers Drifter is no exception to this rule. With its unique citrus flavor, smooth drinkability, and distinctive citrusy hops, Drifter Pale Ale is truly an original. Brewed with generous amounts of Summit hops, a variety known for their intense citrus flavors and aromas, Drifter has a taste unique to the Pale Ale category. True to style, the bittering hops are perceptible enough to give the beer a crisp, clean, quenching finish, yet also soft enough to keep the beer smooth and balanced.

I should mention that this particular beer has 5.7% alcohol and 187 calories so even they taste like you can toss them back, keep a running count!

Hops:
Alchemy
Summit
Nelson Sauvin

Malts:
Pale
Caramel 20L
Caravienne 20L
Caramel 80L
Carapils

Suggested Food Pairings:
Fresh Seafood and Shellfish
Grilled Steaks

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That sounds good! I'm a beer kind of gal - may have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing cutie!!

A Real Housewife said...

i'm loving your 'try it thursdays.' now only if i could actually try these on thursdays.....

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

This has nothing to do with the yumminess you just described but I thought of you today - on my way to work the radio station started to play "Hooked on a Feeling" - as soon as I heard hoogah shocka, hoogah hoogah all I could see was dancing babies and thought of you!