Sunday, October 18, 2009

Home Improvement

Derek and I have decided to take on some household improvements. Curtains came first, decorations on the bare walls were next- but painting has been quite a power struggle. After some long discussions and a trip to Home Depot, we have some blobs on our walls to try and help us pick some colors.The plan is to spend the weekend painting- well see which one of us is left standing come Sunday...

In the kitchen- they look almost identical in this picture but in person they are in fact very different. The letters are to remind us which is which:


In the living room and one accent wall in our bedroom:


And we also decided to update some light fixtures- its something that Derek says hes wanted to do for a while now and we found some we really liked for the right price- he installed 3 of 5 already tonight!

This was previously hanging in the entry way (lantern much?):

and now (light on):

(light off)

And all of these:


...are now these (light on):

(light off)


Such exciting changes!

2 comments:

mrs. thompson said...

oh wow! I really love all the lights you replaced, the new ones look great!! I can tell a difference in the maroons, I really think they are both good choices though..I like the one on top ALITTLE bit more.. and... Im sorry I dont remember the other colors for the bedroom! Im bad! :oP

mrs. thompson said...

ohh and I like the other top color for an accent wall! :)