Its been exactly eight days since I started to feel like crap. Six days since I saw my Doctor and was given the name of two culprits causing my ailments: the flu and an upper respiratory infection. Three is the number of prescriptions I have filled in order to reach human status once again.
And how do I feel today you ask? Like complete dog poo. Still.
On one hand I am so completely grateful that the flu symptoms have gone away- no more fever, aches, pains or complete exhaustion. I am, however, left with a horrible nagging and chest deep cough that is causing a ton of rib pain, jaw soreness and headaches. I am hoping that the liquid codeine I just picked up from CVS will remedy this matter faster than the last suggestion my Doctor had. Never mind the fact that staying awake will prove utterly impossible once said medicine is ingested.
In other news, we were able to paint this weekend and I am happy to report it looks amazing. We painted the guest bedroom a dark brown to match the new bedding I picked out. In our living room we chose a color called toasted nutmeg. The thing about this paint color is that it can look very different depending on the lighting in the room. It’s a brown-ish, adobe-ish, orange-ish shade that will only be better described in pictures. Lastly, in our kitchen we opted for a deep rusty red. Derek and I worked very very hard with the help of our neighbor Chris on day one and are very proud of the outcome- we thought it was a really fun way to spend time together all while bettering our home. I think the only ones upset with us were the dogs who spent most of the weekend banished to the outside where no paint sat around waiting to be hopped in.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Day 8
And now, for your viewing pleasure:
I was hesitant to even post pictures of the living room simply because it comes out looking so orange (I tried both with and without the flash as well as with and without overhead lights). Derek being the die hard Aggie he is, would never ever in a million years live in a house with a burnt orange living room. He did have a minor panic attack once we were all done painting and said he wanted to redo the entire room, but I assure you it does not look quite like these pictures in person. Like I mentioned, this color is so tricky and obviously photographing it doesn’t really do it justice either. Perhaps all of you will just have to come over and see it for yourselves (the guest room brown also looks a bit off but not quite as much). Also, not everything is back up on the walls in the kitchen so please excuse the bare look it has at the moment.
Stay tuned- Derek has been working on his guest entry- hopefully hell finish it up today? Tomorrow? Well see...
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay, it all looks fabulous! Well, as long as the living room doesn't look burnt orange in person ;) Good job kids!
Ps- You have excellent taste. I have that sign hanging over the guest room bed. Remember how I was looking for a sign with that phrase when we were hobby lobbying? Well, I found that a few months ago and bought it immediately becase it was exactly what I was looking for.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! And the pumpkins look fabulous in your entry way.
WOW it has been girlified..... I obviously haven't been over in awhile! haha. Feel better soon!
The bold colors look great! I want to paint my walls, but will wait till I have a home and don't have the responsibility of painting them back - haha!
yay! Love it! Good work, friend! Painting is a bitch but so worth it in the end.
Post a Comment