I have been begged to do this so I have decided to comply. Mostly because a happy Dez makes for a happy Derek and vice versa. It's something I have just come to terms with and it makes my life easier. I also like small amounts of attention.
Let me start by saying that my writing is not nearly as eloquent and elaborate as Dez's. She paints good pictures and just has a better way with words. I never thought I'd say it because I always have thought blogging was pretty stupid, but I enjoy reading hers. No offense to all of you bloggers. I am dating one of you.
For example, I wish I could say that she embellishes a bit when it comes to me. I am as goofy as she makes me seem. I love dressing up, acting stupid and being the center of attention. I admit it. Her explanation of my Miley Cyrus infatuation was dead on. "Derek likes to like things that weird people out- I cant really explain it much further than that but suffice it to say, he likes to get a reaction out of people. On top of that, I feel pretty certain that he genuinely likes some of Mileys songs.... whoa is me." I can't argue with any of this. She has me
pegged.
Derek on hobbies - If you don't already know, things I enjoy include all things Texas A&M. For the most part it's a huge disappointment, but I still love it. I'd like to take this time to give my Ags much deserved props for beating the hell out of Texas Tech this weekend. It was long overdue. That game, combined with a Dallas Cowboys win, Yankees victory, and lots of beer made this weekend a great one.
Derek on Ranking Things - Another thing I love is ranking things and more importantly, having people rank things. Rank your favorite peoplein a room at any given time. Rank your most hated teams in sports. Rank Miley Cyrus and Hillary Duff in terms of looks, acting ability, and singing ability. Rank your friends on how funny they are, and tell them to their face. That's where it gets interesting. Give reasons for all your answers and take offense to nothing. It's great beer drinking conversation.
Derek on Stick Guns - Always have a designated area to keep stick gunsthat you find. You need to let everyone know immediately where the stick guns go. If you don't know what a stick gun is, it's exactly what it says. It's a stick in the shape of a gun. They're awesome.
Derek on Ring Watches - I got a question on this so I need to address it. Ring watches are awesome. They are like using the word y'all instead of you guys. Why say two syllables when you could say one? Same goes for the ring watch. Why wear two pieces of jewelry when you can wear one. It just makes sense, people. If you are interested in a ring watch, I've got the market cornered in central Texas. You'll have to go through me. However, my love for the look of ring watches on as many hands as I can see has clouded my original business plan. I have given away way too many of these bad boys for free. Even when the demand was high and the supply was low.
Derek on Awkward Situations - I hate them and I'm awful with them. I constantly think about how something might potentially be awkward and I avoid it. If I'm caught in an awkward situation my instinctive response is to run away leaving any poor sucker behind that was with me. Sorry.
Derek on Pet Peeves - Overall, I'm a pretty laid back guy. I don't get too worked up about much. There are a few things.
- People storing stuff on the dashboard. It never stays up there. You turn, it falls off. Its not a good place!
- The mail. I don't want to send stuff or receive stuff. Just cut it out. The mail sucks.
- Panhandlers at traffic lights. You're ruining my experience ofsitting in my car in peace.
- Bicyclists. You're not a car, get out of my way and get on a sidewalk. I hate you
- I am sure there are more but I'm tired of thinking about it.
Ask Derek - Dez sent me some questions that some of you had for me, so I will conclude with a little Q&A with some of the questions that I have not previously answered.
"Why were you so reluctant to get a 2nd dog and what finally won you over?"
I was not just reluctant to get a 2nd dog, I was just plain against it. I am not really a dog person. I hate dealing with them. I prefer humans. To answer the 2nd part of your question, please see the first two sentences of this blog.
"In the spirit of Halloween what are you top 5 costumes of all time? And please explain your costume closet"
This may not be an appropriate answer, but I have to be honest. Any costume that has some serious shock value and/or is extremely clever is a hit with me. I don't really have a top 5, but I once saw a guy in a wheelchair wearing superman shirt and cape. It has always stuck with me. I personally like any costume that gives me a whole new persona for the evening.
"how do you pick out birthday/holiday/anniversary gifts forDez?"
That's easy, she tells me what she wants and I get it. Dez is extremely practical when it comes to gifts. She tells me what she wants and I get it. I am sure she would like me to go out and get stuff on my own more often, but she's someone that always knows what she wants, so she makes it easy on me.
I guess thats it for now, or until Im forced to stop by and blog again. I survived!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Dereks Guest Blog
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Small amounts of attention!? Riiiight.
Other than that, great post Derek!
Woo hoo - he chose my question to answer! I am honored. And impressed that he followed through with the guest blog! Well done.
Nice job....and you didn't even have to consult your advisor first. Who are your two favorite people sitting at this table? HOLD MY SHOES.
Great post!
Stick guns? Hilarious.
This is awesome!!!
I just have to say- I totally agree with you on the bicyclists! Hate them.
Nice job Derek on your first blog! Very funny!
I just had a chance to read this... classic stuff :)
Post a Comment