Monday, February 23, 2009

Mondays News

I need you all to send happy thoughts my way around 1 PM this afternoon.

I am interviewing for a promotion that I really, really want. I have only been with my company for four months so the fact that I am even eligible or considered is a very big deal.

I fear that blogging about it or even talking about it (though I have already done so for weeks) may jinx it, but I really need your support and encouragement. Should I not get the promotion, I understand that I will survive and life will go on but I will understandably be let down and disappointed. Wish me luck!

In completely unrelated news, obviously I have to talk about the Oscars.
Loved the fashion, the tearjerker moments, the songs and dancing. Hated the Jolie/Pitt duo per usual, wondered why Heath Ledger was missing from the “in memoriam” slide show (anyone else catch that?), thought it odd that Queen Latifiah sang during it, still not a fan of Beyonce, completely and totally jealous of Amanda Seyfried and her close proximity to Robert Pattinson, thought Anne Hathaway was precious, was confused by Reese Witherspoon’s dress as well as Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn’s current relationship status (he didn’t even mention her in his speech). I felt bad for Jennifer Aniston not only for having to see her ex with his big lipped baby momma but also for having John Mayer as her arm candy. Aim higher. Natalie Portman, you are perfection in pink.

2 comments:

Allena said...

Agree on the Oscars - can't wait to watch Fashion Police tonight!

Also, I was most definitely at Derek's on Saturday night, you were asleep for more than 6 minutes. :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't watch the awards show, they bother me but did see Portman....very nice. Good luck, and really???
Alena was there ;)
Compton