Does anyone else that majored in Psych remember SAD (seasonal affect disorder)? Anyone that didn’t major in psych remember it?
Allow me to make reference to Wikipedia:
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or, less frequently, in the summer, repeatedly, year after year. The US National Library of Medicine notes that "some people experience a serious mood change when the seasons change. They may sleep too much, have little energy, and crave sweets and starchy foods. They may also feel depressed. Though symptoms can be severe, they usually clear up.”
I feel like I have it. I have had such a hard time waking up everyday; my nose constantly either runs or lacks function completely. I am tired all the time, my hair is full of static; I have no desire to work out and find myself justifying the junk Ive eaten for almost every meal.
Sure, I'm being a little melodramatic per usual but I am so ready to fell better. I think 99% of my disgruntled feeling comes from the fact that I have felt under the weather for almost two solid months now. I feel like I need two days of nothing but solid sleep, a healthy and crisp salad and a swift kick in the pants.
This grumpy blog brought to you by the following logical thought: “Many others and far worse off, you just don’t think about it enough. Brat.”
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Just Call me Grumpy
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment