I have a confession to make... I have never voted.
When I was in my senior year in high school, pretty much everyone I knew was 18- but I was still falling short at the age of 17. That is the last time I can remember really feeing very passionate about voting or having such a strong opinion that I wanted to shout it from a mountain top.
The next time I was eligible to vote, I was in college and lived in Fort Worth. Being the planner that I was/still am, to this day, I cannot believe it escaped me until the last minute that I was registered to vote in Austin and was living in Fort Worth. Being involved with the greek system, a cheerleader, a Student Ambassador and a Guardian of the Golden Shears all while trying to have a life- I literally didnt have time to pack up and head to Austin to vote. Pathetic, I know.
Having said all of that, I have been raised to not discuss certain things. Money, religion and politics. Its just not polite and you never want to risk offending someone. Im all about keeping the peace, trust me. I just wanted to share with you all that today will be the very first time as an American that I will exercise my right to vote and I couldnt be more excited about it. WHo knew a little red white and blue sticker that proclaimes "I Voted" could bring so much joy?!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
In the Words of Hillary Duff: Im Coming Clean
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You make me laugh. I talk about religion, money, and politics... does that make me a bad person? haha
good for you girl!!!!
I was able to vote after all. It was 7:30 pm, but we voted.
Post a Comment